7 Pet Peeves Every Restaurant Hostess Has

This is what bothers me the most.

176
Unsplash

I have been at the same restaurant for a long time. And I have dealt with a lot of customers, and a lot of problems. Here is a list of things us hosts are really tired of hearing.

1. "Can we get a booth?"

Look, if it is a busy Friday and Saturday night and I have a table with chairs ready. Please sit there. The food doesn't taste any different. The chairs aren't any more or less comfortable than a booth. Please make my job easier and just sit there. Usually, we will ask if we are putting you somewhere that isn't a booth. 80% of the 99 Restaurant is booths. So I will get very very annoyed if I am heading towards a booth and you tell me you want one.

2. "Do we pay here or at the table?"

I promise we can not take your payment up front. It is all done by the server. Just sit down it is okay.

3. "It's so cold in here, can we shut off the AC?"

Well you are not the only person in the restaurant and there are others who need the AC. If you are cold, bring a sweater. Moving over to the next table over isn't going to warm you up, I promise.

4. "Can we sit at this certain booth, even though the one you brought me to is just fine??"

Okay this is my biggest pet peeve. If I go to bring you to a booth, and you tell me you want another one, odds are I'm going to judge you. Especially when the one you pick is covered in dirty cups and napkins. I mean it's not like I don't have a million other things to do.

5. "Can we get 6 waters, 7 sets of silverware and some popcorn?"

As a host, that is not my job. My job is done as soon as you're sat down. The server coming will grab you everything you need to finish your meal, and you know the best part??? You will tip them to do so!!!

6. "Can we sit on the other side of the restaurant, even though there isn't even a server over there??"

No, no, no. I do not want to hunt down a server to run to the other side of the restaurant, just so you can get a different view. Please just join us on the correct side.

7. "I'm a little weeded, can you clean my tables for me?"

Look I am a server too, and I know how hard it is when all your tables get up at once, but let me tell ya. It is very hard to answer the phone, seat the door, and clean your tables. Stay on top of them, or at least clean the mess off of them. Make my life a little easier please.