Be Happy: We'll Never Be Perfect

Be Happy: We'll Never Be Perfect

If our happiness depends on our perfection we will never truly be happy.

97
Be Happy: We'll Never Be Perfect
Huffington Post

It is no secret that stress and insecurity are two of the greatest plagues that us "Millenials" have to struggle with almost daily. We often times spend parts of our day questioning our moves, wondering if we are truly achieving our desired goals.

One of the questions that often comes to my mind is "Am I being the best version of myself that I can be?" The answer to this question is usually "not really", "well I could change this or that" or just flat out "no".

But one of the things that I have learned in my not so long life is that the answer to a lot of the stress caused by our doubts is not being able to say "yes, I am the best I can be" or "No, I don't have any problems at all."

Rather it is in learning to accept that we are in a constant search to better ourselves and that as long as we are making a constant effort to persevere it doesn't matter if we are not the best we can be.

In reality, we will most likely never be the best we can be. It is part of our very human nature to never be content with who we are or the situation we are in.

Part of the problem is that we make our happiness a dependent of our goals. We have convinced ourselves that we will be content once we accomplish something but that is just the start of a never ending cycle of unconformity.

How many times have we said, "When I get through "x" thing I'll be happy"? and we work and work until we accomplish that; just to find out that there is yet another goal that we have to accomplish before we are "truly happy"?

Of course accomplishing a goal is gonna feel great but it is not going to achieve us true contentment and if we let this goal-seeking nature that we have control our happiness we will in the blink of an eye realize that we have gone through life never accomplishing happiness because there is always something out there that we haven't yet done.

While it is easier said than done we must work hard to separate happiness from satisfaction and put it in a category of its own. Let's all find happiness elsewhere and learn to accept that there is a way to be happy even if we are not the best.