How To Handle The Cold As Told By Michael Scott

It's happening. Stay calm. STAY F*CKING CALM!

1088

My favorite part of living at Wake Forest University in North Carolina is the incredibly nice weather. It stayed warm down there much longer than it ever did in my hometown of Summit, New Jersey.

However, after being spoiled by the warm weather for so long, it was utterly unbearable to brace the cold once I came home for winter break. Although I grew up here and genuinely enjoy the snow and brisk weather, the temperatures have plummeted so far even I can’t stand to go outside.

The temperatures have been in the single digits every single day and have dropped into the negatives every night. I could not think of someone who could better represent my attitude about this freezing weather than the cool and collected Michael Scott from NBC’s hit comedy series " The Office."

Here are Michael Scott’s feelings on how to handle the cold, hopefully, you laugh hard enough to keep yourself warm!

Checking your weather app in the morning to see how cold the forecast is.

Getting out of bed and losing the comfort and secure warmth of your welcoming slumber.

Getting out of the shower and having your feet touch the freezing tile ensuring you that frostbite is inevitable.

Getting into your car and realizing it is basically just a mobile industrial sized walk-in freezer.

Still waiting for your car to heat up after driving through the tundra for over 30 minutes.

Attempting to dress for the cold and still look presentable.

Stepping outside for the first time during one of the coldest days of the year.

Convincing your friends to walk to the restaurant and then realizing it is brutally freezing once everyone gets outside.

Recognizing that your toes are being frostbitten, but slowly and regretfully accepting your fate.

Trying to calculate your funds to escape the arctic tundra and go on an enjoyable tropical vacation.

Trying to warm your hands by putting them under hot water, but accidentally making them go numb for 10 minutes.

Any time going out at night ever.

Accepting that the cold isn’t going anywhere, but neither are you.

Hopefully, you all can fare the cold weather as well as our dear mentor Michael Scott. Good luck and stay warm!