PSA: Halloween Is Over, But It's NOT Christmas Time YET

I love a holy jolly time too, but it has to be the right time.

58

Listen, I love Christmas. The lights, the time with family, the chance of snow, the carols, the Christmas albums. It is a great time. Plus my birthday is December, 29 so Christmas time also has an extra bonus of celebration for me.

But even though Christmas brings all these joyous times, Christmas starts in December. Not after Halloween.

First off, there is Thanksgiving to think about and Black Friday if you are into that. And second, starting the Christmas spirit early takes away from the meaning of it. Or at least, I think so.

There is no Christmas without December. And while I appreciate people's enthusiasm, I find it very misplaced.

November is about Thanksgiving. The Macy's Day Parade, the mashed potatoes, the gravy, the "what are you thankful for?", the big family dinner. It is the Hallmark event for the month. Followed by the horror of Black Friday (I worked in retail, Black Friday is the devil). But my point being, Christmas has no place existing in November.

Yes, shop for gifts, Get those good deals. But I do not like to hear Christmas carols before I have eaten that turkey.

Plus I do not want to get "burnt out" of the holiday spirit. Which is exactly what happens if I start celebrating before December,1.

I promise I am not a Grinch. There is just a time and place for everything. And the time for Christmas is in December. Period.