Halloween Costumes At An All-Girls Private School

There are no rules!...Actually there are many rules.

21

Halloween is just around the corner, and I find myself utterly lost at what to possibly dress up as this year. I can blame many things, including my lack of motivation, lack of artistic skills, and my limiting college income, but I think what I blame most is the critical period of my personality development, which I spent at an all-girls establishment.

While we all learned many wonderful and amazing things at these institutions, another thing we learned is a lack of enthusiasm and motivation when it comes to our appearance. And while some find that liberating, during special occasions I find this laziness crippling. And trust me ladies, we were the epitome of lazy, especially when looking back upon our Halloween costumes of choice. Upon reflection, I have categorized six of the most popular costume options.

Which one were you?

A Rock

I kid you not, this was one of the most popular costumes. People were actually jealous of the person who came up with this. What it boils down to is this: If it's not real pants, you win.

Me From Yesterday/The Past

Do I even need to say more about this? This was the rock bottom of lazy. The girls that pulled off this stunt were so proud of themselves. It was really just a "creative" way for them to get out of not wearing a costume at all.

The Cat

All you need for this particular look are some black leggings and some eyeliner. This look became popular for its ability to be done in under five minutes...obviously.

The Princess

Then, there is this girl. She went the whole nine yards. I'm talking makeup, hair, heck, she probably shaved her legs, too. We all scoffed at her in the hall. Does she even go here? Does she even know the rules that you're only cool if you don't care about Halloween? Then we realize, she's just recycling her prom dress and slapping on some mascara and a crown. It still can fall under our category of minimal effort.

Our Favorite Teacher Couple That We Are Shipping

Let's not deny that there was nothing better than gossiping about the social lives of our favorite teachers. We prayed for our favorites to fall in love and create beautiful mini versions of themselves in baby form. As far as costumes go, this type of overachieving was totally acceptable given the importance of the mission at hand. (Thanks Ellen and Becca for letting me use this pic) (#Sutton&Keiper4ever)

The People Who Go All Out

And then we have these people. And yes I'm talking about all the Jane Austens, the Rosie the Riveters, the One Directioners, and yes, even you Backstreet Boys. The amount of time and effort that these people put into one day is applaudable. And to be honest, they always look super cool. They inspire us to try harder for next year, but then next Halloween roles around, and before we even know it it's the night before, and all we have lying around is a pair of leggings and some eyeliner...oops.