Why Hair Dye Is One Of The Greatest Forms Of Therapy

Hair Dye Is Honestly One Of The Greatest Forms Of Therapy — Here's Why I'll Recommend It To Anyone

Do or dye, am I right?

568
girl with rainbow-dyed hair

We've all been there, a crappy breakup, an overload of homework, the stress of being homesick (but not telling anyone obviously, how lame). I don't know about you, but instead of telling my problems to a friend or exercising like a healthy person, I like to internalize my issues until I suddenly make an impulsive decision.

This happens about once or twice a semester, and the impulse usually turns out to be either dyeing my hair or getting another piercing.

Now as a two-time hair dyeing veteran, I must say that having someone else dye it for you is definitely the way to go.

One of the many perks of having someone else do it is that it really brings you closer together. The best bonding experience (in my opinion), is freaking out together when there's permanent purple hair dye all over the shower, coffee table, and countertops in the dorm.

To be clear, if anyone on the second floor of Blair-Shannon sees a purple stain anywhere, it wasn't me.

To go off of that, hair dyeing really is therapeutic. After rinsing out the dye for a solid fifteen minutes and staining everything else a light purple color (including yourself), it feels like you're a new person.

Flipping back to a serious note, there's nothing wrong with asking for help, especially when it's needed.

Personally, freshman year was a really tough time since I had just moved ten hours away from everything that I had ever known. I know for sure that I couldn't have done it without my suite-mates and sorority sisters (and of course dyeing my hair).

In my humble opinion, if dyeing your hair doesn't make you feel at least a little better (and badder), then it's time to seek professional help, and I'm not talking about a professional hairstylist.

Asking for help shouldn't be looked at as a sign of weakness, and please don't hesitate to ask for help if you need it.