The Perks Of Graduating High School

How Graduating High School Made Me A Happier Person

Being stuck in the same place for four years really does get to you.

150
Personal Photo

Ever since I graduated from East Providence High School, I have never been happier with my life and how it's going. The past four years have felt like being trapped in a prison with the same people you could never get away from, even if you tried your best. From the drama you see throughout the years, the people that come into your life and leave, up until you say your last goodbyes and even walking the stage...It was not a good atmosphere to be around for me which made easy to looking forward to leaving and going off to college. Here are just a few reasons why I'm so glad to be done with high school...

1. I realized I will never have to talk or see any of the people from high school again

Yes because seeing the same people everyday that have stressed me out, judged me without truly knowing me and stabbed me in the back made me happy... not.

2. I can make my own choices with wherever I want to direct my life to

Yes, this really feels amazing. Not feeling held back by others or how my choices would impact their lives. It's my turn to think about me in the way I should of started already.

3. I can speak my mind without feeling it will go around the school

No matter what I said to try and convince others of what I thought, I always ended up feeling wrong because of others and their viewpoints on me. I can now not feel nervous to speak my mind in order to please others.

4. I can drop people who have a negative impact on my life, without fear

Don't have good intentions for me? Bye. Wanna irritate me and not care about my feelings? B y e.

5. I can now make my own mistakes and learn from them without being judged

While I am happy with where life is going at the moment, I could never regret my past, it's what made me who I am. As I'm still growing, it's great to feel that people will not judge my mistakes that I make, rather than just minding their own businesses.

6. I finally have the motivation to work harder without any immaturity getting in my way.

This summer I have spent my time focused on my job and my future with my boyfriend. It has made me feel good mentally for the sake of seeing how much I could really do with my time and make it worth spending.

Looking back at how high school has treated me and how depressed I was, I have accepted this new chapter into my life with open arms. Coming to Rhode Island College has been a more positive, as of now, two days than the past four years has been. Of course, that says a lot, even with not seeing every aspect yet. But I have nothing except more to see on the campus. I have come here already wanting to do things here and make an impact with my words (hello, Odyssey!) and show my diversity as a person. I want to do more, and I am so confident that I will make college one of the best experiences of my life.