A Goodbye Letter To C/M

A Goodbye Letter To C/M

Bye, bye to the shenanigan-filled dorm

52
A Goodbye Letter To C/M
Gonzaga.edu

Dear C/M Hall,

As the school year is coming to an end, our time in St. Catherine/ St. Monica Hall is dwindling. No one really wants to leave, but all good things must come to an end. The friendships we have made and the memories had will last a lifetime all because we lived in CM.

Being one of the largest dorms on campus, people come from all different walks of life. Tales of lives from Seattle, to Portland, to San Diego, to San Francisco, to Colorado, stretching to the Midwest and up to Alaska can be heard. All are peoples' lives that we didn't know prior to moving into this dorm.

This oddly shaped dorm is full of life with a distinct spirit. Shenanigans are frequent and diverse. From figuring out how to climb on top of the roof, to Mosh Pit Monday's on the first floor of SE, to helping a vomiting hall mate when they somehow gets a terrible case of "the flu" on a Friday night, and our closets multiplying thirty fold from the girls in our hall, there is always something happening at CM.

There have SO many memories and stories in this dorm. There are suspicious holes in the walls and ceilings of certain wings. Fifty some girls crowed around the TV in the main lounge on Monday's, watching crazy Olivia on The Bachelor. In true Gonzaga fashion, Zags games were upmost priority on gameday as Sabonis captured everyone's hearts. (RIP Sabonis at GU 2014-2016.) Construction and traffic on Hamilton woke us up far earlier than we would have liked. We froze during the winter and sweat buckets during the summer. And beating Desmet in the Bulldog Bowl may be the crowning moment of the year.

When asked where we are living by alumni and older students, when the response is "C/M," their faces light up as they ask which wing, then proceed to tell us their stories. Some are timeless, like the constant noise and falling out of lofted beds, but others are more specific, like weird jokes about your guy friends accidentally walking in on you changing. This dorm has a life of it's own.

Though I am heartbroken that I have to leave, I have made dear friends and made memories that will last a lifetime because of the square dorm across the street from the McCarthey Athletic Center.

Thanks, C/M