Going Home For Break As Told By "Tangled"

"Go. Live your dream..." But you do have to go home at some point.

14

The holiday season is an emotionally exhausting, confusing yet good time for college students. It marks the end of first semester's toil and the chance to enjoy the comforts of home. However, for some it means a whole month away from the campus and people that you've grown to love. All things considered, what better way to explain this journey than with moments from Disney's "Tangled."

As you pack your last bag and head out, you relish in the knowledge that you're free from school and all its responsibilities for the next 30 days.

You try not to stress about your grades and how your mother would kill you if the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act wasn't a thing.

You try even harder not to think about how you're going to sit in front of your grandmother at Christmas dinner and pretend to be a studious angel. You know what you've done.

You start to look forward to homecooked meals and someone else doing your laundry while you watch Netflix and bond with your favorite family members and old friends.

However, you also start to think about all the stuff you'll miss at school: parties, your favorite restaurants and time to just lay in bed all day with no responsibilities or awkward encounters with people that you hate.

Wow, you're a terrible human for thinking that. You can happily spare a month to go spend quality time with your family. You love them.

You finally reach your house. OK, it is nice to be home, and it's really nice to see your parents.

And your best friends from high school.

The longer you're home, the more people you see who want to know all about your college life. You're practically a local celebrity.

But it was only a matter of time until you saw your stupid ex or that one person in high school who seemed to exist solely to make your life difficult.

Now, come the family gatherings and you relish in the adoration of relatives who haven't seen you since summer and have heard tales of your college successes and adventures.

However, the bliss is short lived. Your parents refuse to quit pushing relatives at you despite your desperate attempts to escape the barrage of "How's school? Do you have friends? Are your grades good? What's your major again? Has your love life improved?"

You've successfully survived break. Well rested, but ready to return to school, you look fondly back on the holidays and forward to another great semester.