10 Reasons Why Going Greek Changed My Life

7
Lauren Hoffman

After having a long weekend with my sisters, I could not be more blessed that I got to spend it with them. Going Greek changed my life in the most indescribable ways, but I am going to try to put them into words -- and if you're Greek, you'll know exactly where I am coming from.

1. The tears your sisters shed when reading their testimonials become your own tears.

2. The laughs you share because your sister yelled something so absurdly hilarious that no one can control their laughter.

Thank you for this, I needed a good laugh.

3. They are the people who taught you public speaking in front of a hundred plus people is actually survivable because who else will be more comforting when you pronounce something wrong more than your sisters.

4. The unconditional love when you're having a bad day.

It is guaranteed -- more than one person will be there to be your crying shoulder.

5. Everyone else may have judged you for wardrobe failures, boy mistakes and lack of commonsense but your sisters have not.

6. The immense support you'll have when your sister runs her first half marathon, participates in half around the world study abroad program, or her big girl job interview.

7. College adults? We will try the adult thing tomorrow.

Tackling whiling simultaneously laughing and rolling on the ground? Covered. Singing Hilary Duff or Avril Levine at the top of your lungs? Check (but still tone death). Disney movies until 2 a.m.? Done.

8. Roommates, midnight library study dates, best friends, common love in what life has to offer: queso, and carpool buddies.

Thank you to you all, you all have made my life a little easier.

9. Realizing how much potential you have to offer because the girls you are surrounded with have so much belief in you and want to see you succeed.

Thank you to them, I am capable of so much more.

10. Surrounding myself with women who have extensive morals, goals, and integrity.

Being around them has helped me become the woman I strive to be. I could not be more grateful to have them as my role models and be my home away from home.