How To Be A Woman Of God

How To Be A Woman Of God

"God is within her, she will not fall." -Psalm 46:5

35
How To Be A Woman Of God

I've heard time and time again about there is a particular mold for what our role is as a person of God.

And, to be quite frank, I'm sick of it.

Both men and women have had the audacity to claim that I lack the characteristics to be considered Godly. Why may you ask?

I'm outspoken.

I'm strong-willed.

I'm passionate.

And, according to these individuals, these traits are unacceptable for a woman of God.

I've been told that Godly women should be quiet leaders. I've read time and time again about the importance of submission in relationships. Some of these qualities are admirable and should be adopted by everyone, not just women. Others are more pertinent to specific individuals and their own personal choices.

Let me emphasize that some women want to be led. They want to fit (or naturally do) inside this type of role. And that is more than okay. What isn't okay is assuming that there is only one way to do something and your option is the only correct one.

I'm outspoken. I say what matters and I fight for those who are afraid to speak. I share my love of God fearlessly.

I'm strong-willed. I am able to fight temptation and follow the ways of the Lord. I am determined to use my abilities to benefit the world.

I'm passionate. I love the life the Lord has provided me and the person he has shaped me to be. I put my heart and soul into the everything that I do.

God needs people of all types. Diverse skill sets are crucial to our success as a team. We are all in this together.

I am a woman of God. I am my own person who was created through His vision. My life is a pencil in the hand of the Lord, and I fully intend to make use of the story he has created for me.

I'm not perfect. Despite my efforts, I fail God every day. But, I refuse to accept that there is a one-size-fits-all type of love with the Lord.

God gives us strengths and skills. I was not born to be led, but to collaborate and cooperate with other leaders. My gender does not dictate my ability to serve my Lord. I will continue to follow him in the way that best fits who I am.

God gives us each specific strengths and talents with the intent that they will be used. I refuse to waste my potential in order to meet an expectation set by people. God's approval is all I need, and I trust the path that he continues to lead me down. To be a woman of God is to be a woman that serves the Lord. Period.