Not enough

They Say You're 'Not Enough' But God Says You Are

The blessed part is that you're only required to be who you're called to be not who they say you are.

117
https://unsplash.com/photos/md7cCWYVq9U?utm_source=unsplash&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=creditCopyText

I got a question. Do you love people? Because I love people. I love meeting new people, talking to different people, and interacting with people. I love learning about people. I just love people. I could go on and on about but I have to make my point.

My love for people has allowed me to learn and experience a lot of different things through different relationships. One of the things that I've experienced is that everyone is different. We all have different backgrounds, beliefs, values, and preferences. In our youth, I don't know how many people actually consider the importance of learning these things about people before inviting them into your circle but I had to learn how imperative it is to learn that information recently.

Because we are all so different and have different values that means that there will be things about myself that I like that others hate. There will things about you that you love and some will hate. I find this weird but it's very true. Some people hate nice people. Let me explain.

I believe that God has taught me that I have a lighthearted and jovial demeanor. I've been excited to use those words because I went through a lot to learn these things about myself. Have you ever went through something or been tested and then it taught you things about yourself? Still, some people hate that!

I've gotten dirty looks from people I wanted to consider friends because of how I carry myself. I used to feel really uncomfortable being around these types of people because I felt like I couldn't be myself. And honestly, the suffocation from being around people who I can't be myself around is too expensive.

Never. Again.

Have you experienced someone trying to tell you that you're not enough? They can say it with their actions without you even realizing. For instance, I used to get looks from my friends in the past and all of these interrogative questions about school because I study so much. These "friends" treated me like I "wasn't black enough" because I liked school and because I liked to draw anime and a bunch of other crazy reasons why I'm not allowed to be black to them.

My purpose for this wasn't to sit here complaining about everything people have said about me or looked at me and were scared to say. To be honest, this is just the discernment that God has given me about some of the people that have been around me.

I know that when people talk negatively about you that it's rude and offensive. Of course, it is! I would understand being offended but I would just encourage you to decide not LIVE in offense.

I want to tell you that sometimes you're too much for some people. Or not enough.

When I say to "live in the offense" I'm saying that it's not healthy to be offended and not move on from then. More often than not, if you want to move on from these things you might have to just forgive the person without them apologizing so you're life doesn't stop because of someone else's problem or decision.

I really don't like saying "too much" because for me it makes me think too arrogantly. I understand you could argue that it's not but I hate pride. and Not enough sounds too low. It doesn't sound how God would want me to view myself.

What he told me is that people are fickle. People will have a million different opinions about you and they can change at any time. Remember a lot of people live by how they feel and you can imagine how often a mood change can occur. Some could hate you a little bit or love you a lot. Some could like you a little bit and some could just like what you for or what you're against. The list can go on and on.

People are fickle and my foundation of who I am isn't tailored to be put into them.

Puhhhhleeaase don't think I'm saying to not trust people. I'm saying that ALL of your trust isn't healthy to be put in people and it depends upon WHO you are putting your trust in.

I'm learning that the people that are supposed to be with you are with you FOR YOU. I believe that the evidence is in the fact that they can handle whoever you are. They're just as offended or confused as you are when someone tells you that "you're too this" or "you're too that". When you're growing and exploring new things they don't try to silence your goals or who you're becoming.

It's funny because the times where I experienced this the most was whenever God would start changing my values and making me grow more. He would make me outgrow people and has done this over the years quicker than I would like in relationships and more often than I would like but "Though he slay me, yet will I trust him" (Job 13:15).

I feel like when God changes my values and pushes me to grow into the woman of God, he has made it to be challenging because of my love people but I don't love people more than I love God.

Bishop T.D. Jakes taught me that what people say can't kill you. The only thing that can kill is what you say about you. What anyone else has to say about you can't even make a deep enough cut to offend you until you make an agreement with what they said. Ask yourself about your intentions.

I'm grateful for parents who taught me some life-sustaining knowledge so I know how to pay very close attention to my intentions, motives, values, choices, and decisions. These things teach you a lot about yourself. They don't teach me everything or even scratch the surface of what God knows about me but they're very important.

The "advice" God gives me to speak about are designed to paint a "What If?" for people. I don't have the answer. I'm not looking to give the answer to anyone. I'm just grateful to be used for his intended purpose.

Since I was born, God has always put a burning passion in me, to tell the truth, help, and encourage others to be who they are called to be which is really the sole intentions of all the content I create.

You are enough.

You are enough because God doesn't make mistakes. He's perfect and knows what he's doing better than you ever will. He knew what he was doing when he created you and he always approves of you.