school year goals

10 Goals I have for this school year

You have to have goals or nothing will ever change.

593
10 Goals I have for this school year
Lauren Howard

In college a lot of times it is hard to set goals and focus on certain things since there is always so much going on. I really think that the only way you are able to make changes in your life is to set those goals and stick to them. This past year I let myself slip a little and really want to make some changes in my life for the better.

1. Be MYSELF and the best version of myself

Throughout the last two years at school I think at first meeting all new people I started to be like others and not completely be myself! That has to change though, I will never be the best version of myself until I am myself first and not trying to be someone that I am not.

2. Really focus on school

When it comes to school I am never really a slacker and I am always on top of things, for the most part. There are times though where I find myself scrambling at the last minute to do a project or write a paper and that needs to change. I am in college for a reason and school should be my top priority so I really want to be able to focus on it!

3. Reconnect with friends that I have drifted away from

There are so many people that I have met over the last two years and some that I have stayed good friends with and some that I was friends with and have now drifted away from. I want to be able to stay connected and have a wide group of friends and I am not going to be able to do that by pushing people away, but by reconnecting with others again.

4. And make new, strong friendships

I feel like I have limited myself to only be friends with a smaller group in my life, not that there is anything wrong with that but I don't want to pass up awesome friendships that I could be having with people because I already have a group of friends. Meeting new people is fun and I feel like I don't do it enough so that is something I want to change.

5. Stay organized and keep my life balanced

Since starting college I have done a lot better job of staying organized, but I want to take it a step further this year and see how I can make sure to not only organize all of my school work by writing it down in my planner, but also making sure to organize my other activities that I have going on. This way I can really make sure that I am balancing school, extra activities, friends and time for myself as well.

6. Cooking and eating healthy

Living in a house for the first year and actually having a kitchen and having to cook for myself will be interesting. I want to make sure that I am never slacking and actually eating healthy and making healthy meals for myself. Over the last couple of months I have felt like I have been eating really clean and have eliminated all fast foods from my diet and that is something I would like to continue to do during the school year.

7. Exercise on a daily basis

Over the last year (after gaining the freshman 15) I have done a great job of exercising on a regular basis to get rid of that freshman 15. I want to make sure that during the school year I don't go back to old habits and get lazy just because the gym is far away or "I don't feel like it".

8. Grow my leadership skills

I feel like that I have grown as a leader over the past two years of my life in my sorority and in my place of work. That is something that I really want to expand on more and grow as a leader even more because I think the skills you learn in a leadership environment will help me out so much in the future!

9. Manage my stress

Most of the time during the school year I will get stressed because I have wayyyy too much on my plate. With that being said I never know how to properly manage my stress. This year I want to be able to figure out a good way for me to properly manage my stress and not just turn into a big mess.

10. Giving back to others

I have had so many great moments in life and there are so many people out there that haven't had a great life like me. I want to be able to say thank you to everyone that had made my life so awesome by giving back to people who need help in their life. Through my sorority we do have events to give back but I want to go do things beyond just that to help others in need.