Why You Should Go To Bonnaroo

Why You Should Go To Bonnaroo

Don't let the no showers scare you, it's the happiest place on Earth.

145
Why You Should Go To Bonnaroo
youredm.com

Festival season is here. Lineups have been announced, tickets have begun to sell out, and the countdowns have started. And although all music festivals are a guaranteed good time, there's one that stands out from all the rest: Bonnaroo.

Bonnaroo is located in Manchester, TN, and is widely thought to be a place for dirty hippies to get high for four days straight. Which let's be real, it kind of is. But, it's so much more than that.

Everything at Bonnaroo has a sense of magic, from the music, the experience, the people, and the food. And yes, festival food can be magical. Ever eaten an Amish doughnut or a piece of Spicy Pie pizza? No? Get back to me once you do.

First and foremost, Bonnaroo is a music festival, and man, is the music great. 'Roo brings oldies, rappers, rock stars, and EDM artists together for an absolutely insane lineup every year. The effect? A group of people brought together, not by a love of one singular type of music, but an overall love.

'Roo is a great place for music, but like I said, it's so much more. It's got everything from waterslides to yoga classes, and even a 5k if you're crazy and want to run in the blazing Tennessee heat. Basically, Bonnaroo makes it to where there's always something to do. And yes, falling asleep under a tree counts as "something" too.

Once you go to Bonnaroo, you'll carry the ideas and mindset associated with the Farm with you wherever you may go. High-five Fridays are real, and good vibes really are found everywhere on the Farm. I still haven't figured out that if it's because of the place, or the people, that makes it such a great community. Honestly, I think it's both. You never meet a stranger at 'Roo, and everyone there is there for the same reason: they want to experience their brain on music. Trust me, it makes for an awesome time.

So, if you haven't been, go. If you have been, go back. I'm counting the days until I'm no longer a broke college student and can go back, because Bonnaroo really is the happiest place on Earth.