Girl, You Don't Need Him.

Girl, You Don't Need Him.

Until you realize that it isn't healthy to love yourself through other's opinions, you will never truly love yourself.

577
Girl, You Don't Need Him.
Unsplash

More often than not, girls find worth based on their opinion of others. Sometime's its peers, adults, bosses, or being accepted in general. But more often than not, it's the opinion of males.

We all know a girl that's always in a relationship. One relationship end's, and she's in another before you know it. She just can't be single, always having options, moves too fast in the relationships. Has low expectations so she can find any guy. Doesn't really treat herself very well, because she just wants attention from a male, have a second option. Your nodding your head, knowing that girl, and maybe you're realizing that's you, but I have a message to that girl.

You don't need him.

You have more worth than you know. The saying "You have to love yourself before you can love another," is 200% true, and if you disagree with me, you're just not ready for a relationship yet. Sure a man can teach you to love yourself, but what happens when he's gone one day? If you only love yourself because he loves you, what does that say about yourself? When he's mad at you because you got home late, are you going to hate yourself? Are you going to let him dress you, tell you what to eat, tell you when to go to bed, and what you can do while he's at work too?

That isn't a healthy relationship, it isn't healthy to rely on somebody else to love yourself. To see yourself as a good person, you need somebody else to tell you. To see yourself as beautiful, you need somebody else to tell you. You'll give anything, and I mean anything as long as they give you attention. That isn't healthy, that isn't a strong self image, that isn't having high self esteem, and you aren't attracting the right males with habits like that.

And until you realize that it isn't healthy to love yourself through other's opinions, you will never truly love yourself. When you change yourself for somebody else, when you make excuses for his bad behavior to your friends, when you cry more often than smile, when you can't wear your favorite shirt or go out with your friends because he told you to, or because he'll be mad,you can never truly live up to your potential.

He doesn't treat you right? Bye.

He says more mean things than nice? Bye.

He doesn't trust you at the bar alone? Bye.

He makes you feel bad for just being yourself? Bye.

If he simply doesn't tell you that he loves you, so you don't think that you love you. Bye.

If he doesn't make you happy 99% of the time, he doesn't deserve you.

BYE.

There is a man out there who will love you right. He is ready. He will say the nice things, treat you right, trust you alone, tell you to go out with your friends, praise you for all the quirky things that somebody else made fun of, care about your feelings when you're upset. That man is out there, but you're never going to find him if you can't let go of the man you think you need.

But that isn't my point, because my point is that you don't need him either. You don't need a man. You don't need a male to approve of you, to call you beautiful, to hold you at night, to give you children, to be your date to dinner, to say nice things to you. Once you learn to live without attention and have zero expectations, you will quickly find somebody who gives you their all.

You're beautiful. You don't need his approval, you don't need his opinion, you don't need him to bring you down. You aren't an object to be a possession or controlled.

You simply don't need him.