An Open Letter To The Girl Who Feels Stuck

You deserve better.

247
Instamoz

Wandering Star,

You've come a long way in your life. You've had your ups and downs, and right now you're down again. You've come to the end of your lucky streak, and it feels like every turn you make leads to a tougher road to travel on. I know it may seem like this is the end of your world, but it's not. You've survived worse, and you'll survive this too.

I'm not sure what's getting you down, but whether it's a bad relationship, a lost opportunity, or just tough situations in every day life, you've got this. You absolutely have the strength within you to push on. I promise you, this situation may be devastating now, but it is so small in the grand scheme of things. Do not let yourself stay at rock bottom. You have to keep your chin up if you want to make it out of this.

Here's what you do: take a day and have a good cry. Give yourself 24 hours to be sad and let all of your emotions out. You can spend a day binge-watching Nicholas Sparks movies and sobbing into a pint of ice cream, and just let it all out. After that, pick yourself up off the ground and remember who you are. Remember that you are incredible. Remember your dreams and goals, and don't let anything keep you from going where you need to go in life. Remember that this person, opportunity, or situation does not define your worth. What you're going through is meant to make you stronger. Everything happens for a reason, including this.

I won't lie to you; you're going to have more bad days. You're going to have even worse days. Just remember that you should never let a bad day or a bad or desperate mood sacrifice who you are. Never let yourself sink to a level that makes you into a different person. Remember that nobody and nothing can strip you of your dignity.

Sweet girl, i just want you to know that there is at least one person out there who cares about you. I want you to know that you're important and your thoughts and opinions absolutely matter. I want you to know that you're already perfect the way you are, and that you don't need to try to impress anyone or make anyone think that you're someone you're not. I want you to know that you can do whatever your heart is set on. You will make your dreams come true as long as you keep your chin up and stay focused on your goals. You don't need the approval of people who will only drag you down. You need only to surround yourself with people who build you up and support you in everything you do.

You deserve better.

You deserve happiness.

You deserve love.