The Gilmore Girls Revival And Plot Scenarios We Know

November 25th cannot come soon enough.

13

If you haven’t been on social media within the last few months, you may not have heard that Gilmore Girls is returning with new episodes soon. It’s kind of a big deal for us long-time fans. Many of us grew up with these characters every week and have been reliving the episodes ever since. The release of the new Netflix four-part series will be on November 25th. With just under two weeks until it’s return, fans, including myself, are becoming quite anxious. The last episode just left so many plots unfinished and we can’t wait to see them resolved.

As fans, we already know many variables that will already be in the new episodes. For example, Lorelai and Luke are still together, thank goodness. We know from the official trailer that Rory has actually found herself to be quite lost following graduation and entering the real world. As for Emily, she is currently coping with the loss of the always charming Richard Gilmore.

Also, some of our favorite characters from the inn such as Sookie and Michel are going to be back for the fun. We fully expect the Dragonfly Inn to still be up-and-running, but how much has changed is the true question. Other essential characters to the plot returning include Lane, Miss Patty, Kirk, and Babette as well. And not to forget, not one, but all three of Rory’s past boyfriends are set to be in the revival, adding further to the final plot mystery. Although she isn’t in the official trailer, April is arranged to be back in the show as well. With all of the possible conclusions and perplexity, no one could simply predict the outcome of this amazing series, but haven’t we all tried?

Perhaps the most popular opinion on how the series will turn out is a scenario that we can all easily follow and agree upon; however, knowing the writers, the ending will be far from what we expect. The series is likely to begin involving Lorelai and Luke still living in the lovely house we have all grown to love. Many believe that they may have a kid by now as well.

Rory will be off travelling the world for a large part of the revival and may even have a whole second-dimension type feel for her story. We expect the town operations to still remain somewhat the same, the diner still in business, town meetings to still be a ruckus, and Kirk up to his shenanigans just as before.

Bigger plot scenarios have been hinted at as well. For example, there has been a Netflix photo circulating on social media involving a plate of Pop-Tarts and an apple in the middle. Lorelai has stated before in the show that she craved apples like crazy when she was pregnant with Rory. Now, many have interpreted this to mean Lorelai is pregnant or even Rory to be pregnant. Either way, we should be in for quite an interesting ride.

Regardless of the outcome of the new revival series, fans have been promised by the writers that the ending will be one fans can be content with. Since this is most likely the end of all and everything new Gilmore Girls, there should be no mystery left in the end. In the end, oy with the plot predictions already, and be prepared for some serious binge watching on the 25th!