Get Up Or Give Up And If You Plan To Complain, Shut Up

You're Basic and It's Your Fault Part II

14

This week I have a very short but powerful message to share with you guys…

I was standing outside of my best friends' apartment complex watching the neighbor's kids play. Going from bikes, to hover, board, to jump ropes, to whatever came to their minds; simply enjoying life for what it was. It was one little boy that caught my eye in particular because he fell directly off of his bike onto the concrete. Now, I am sure some will say “all kids fall duh Diani that is inevitable” I am aware of that, it is what happened next that kept my attention. As he laid on the ground watching all his friends ride ahead, trying to obviously pull himself together, he simply regrouped got up and kept riding.

And then it hit me…

In life sometimes we think, better yet assume that we are being left behind when things start to go wrong in our lives and this is when we often give up. We start to compare our lives to social media pages, wondering how did they make it so far and wondering why are stuck where we are.

Well, let me enlighten you…

There is no secret to life, we all have struggled at different times and different places. Everyone endures what I like to call "The season of Job". Where life makes no sense and you’re sitting there with the stale face crying out “Why Me Lord!”. We all need this season because it was designed to build endurance but it is completely up to you and your decisions whether or not this endurance will be built. I want you to understand that there are two types of people in life. The ones that get up when they fall and then the ones who do not bounce back.

Failure is a system, it was created not to weaken you but to strength you. To show you that there is more strength inside of you that you haven’t tapped into yet. It was created to help you become the real you. Yet, we live in a society where everyone is overly sensitive, thinking everything is supposed to be handed to them without any work, effort or criticism and this is our biggest setback. This is why success, true success is turning into an urban legend, a myth because we aren’t tapping into ourselves and getting back up.

We are allowing one set back to turn into a life of what if’s and this is truly unacceptable. So today, I urge you if you feel as if you are currently taking some losses in your life to GET. BACK. UP.

Reevaluate the steps that were taken that landed you in this predicament, regroup and fight back! No one ever wins without any fight or drive and it is time to fight for the future you know you deserve. Stop settling in life and take back complete control. As I stated in my previous article, GOD did not create us to be basic and live basic lives and if we do it is our fault. HE created us to be powerful, successful beings, HE knew that life would happen and HE loves us enough to be there whenever the time comes but, in order for HIM to move accordingly, we have to be willing to keep pushing. To keep fighting and to keep getting up whenever we are knocked down and to remember that our lives are capable of obtaining success just as everyone else who "appears" to be ahead of us.

Life doesn’t stop when it gets hard, it gets better. Therefore, get off of social media posting all of your pity and plan your comeback. It’s winners season.

I love you guys so much,

Have a great week!

P.S: Thank you Quen for helping the kid with this article, you’re the best.