How to Get Involved 2016!

How to Get Involved 2016!

Do Something!

22
How to Get Involved 2016!
demo.wpzoom

Since school has started, what have you been doing? Homework and more homework right? Oh yeah, I can't forget studying ! If you haven't already, give yourself a break and relax. You can still enjoy life while attending college. You do not have to stay in your dorm all day and night. Explore campus and maybe join some organizations to get involved! I have a few tips to get you going.

#1 Attend on-campus events

While this might seem boring, you should go ahead and do it anyway! What do you have to lose? You need to get out and see what your campus has to offer in order to find out where you the feel the most comfortable so you can be happy! You don't want to join a club without attending any meetings or not knowing anything about it.

#2 Make sure to sign up to get more information

When you attend any meetings or events, make sure to sign up for email updates. Even if you aren't sure about it just do it anyway just in case you change your mind. That way you can stay up to date with the club and constantly receive information about any upcoming events or meetings!

#3 Join a club/organization

Find a club that interests you! Your major might even have a club and if it does you should definitely check that out! If could be beneficial to you and your future !

#4 Join a sorority/fraternity

Going Greek is one way to gain an instant family for life! You will definitely meet a lot of people and maybe long life friends! You will quickly find a group of people that will contain the same values that you have! Sororities and Fraternities always host or attend a lot of events so you should never be bored! Be prepared to make a serious commitment but if you are considering to rush then you should try it out!

#5 Make or Join an intramural sports team

I wasn't aware of this until I got to college but you can make your own sports team with a group of friends for just about any sport! Of course this is just for fun and it's okay if you aren't actually an athlete. This is a different way of having fun with friends!