Genie, You Will Be Missed

Genie, You Will Be Missed

A tribute to the great.

9
Genie, You Will Be Missed

Rest In Peace Robin Williams. Jul. 15, 1951- Aug. 11, 2014. 

When you lose someone, it’s the hardest thing to deal with. Losing someone changes you, sometimes dramatically, and it honestly makes your heart hurt way more than you could ever imagine. When you lose someone in this world that dedicated their life to making everyone smile and laugh continuously, it’s probably the hardest to deal with.

This past Monday, Aug. 11, 2014, the world lost someone that dedicated their lives to bringing people joy through the art of comedy. Mr. Robin Williams will be more than just missed; he’ll be remembered and idolized as a great. From works like "Aladdin" and "Dead Poet’s Society" to "Mrs. Doubtfire" and "Flubber," Williams’ many roles really showed his diversity, as well as his different levels of comedy.

Many celebrities have been paying their respects on all forms of social media by posting memories that they’ve shared with the late actor. Many didn’t even know Williams, but thought he still impacted their lives in many ways. Whether or not he knew it, Robin impacted everyone in this world. The tribute towards RB that really made me cry the hardest, was definitely the tweet from the Academy with his Genie character from "Aladdin," with the words "Genie you are free," under the picture. Personally, he impacted me and really has helped me believe what I should do with my life, in terms of a career.

Nevertheless, it’s always heartbreaking to hear about the passing of someone due to depression, which ultimately makes them believe suicide is the only option. This past week, a very close friend of mine passed away under a similar circumstance and it was beyond heartbreaking. Just to know someone so close to you that has made you smile and laugh in hopes of hiding how they truly feel is hard to understand. You can't help but think, "How did I not know ?" 

With all being said, Robin Williams will be remembered always and forever. With every joke, every laugh, every cry and more so every role and every movie he's ever been apart of. The man will be idolized. 

Genie, your'e a beautiful soul that is finally free.