General Admission Is Better Than Stadium

General Admission Concerts Are Way Better Than Stadium Concerts

Yeah, you might be sweaty, but what made you think you wouldn't be sweaty?

41
Personal

People love concerts. They love the ambiance and the community that surrounds it. Concerts provide fans an opportunity to see the music they love played right in front of their eyes.

Essentially, there are two types of concerts: stadium concerts and general admission concerts.

Stadium concerts are great because they allow for more fans to come and see their favorite artists. My problem with stadium concerts is that you have assigned seats.

Yes, in the name of keeping order, it makes sense, but I don't want to go to a concert if I can't fight my way through the crowd.

That's what I love most about general admission. General admission concerts let you stand off on the outskirts of the crowd and keep your personal space if you choose. But if you really want to fight your way to the barrier, you can.

The best general admission concerts aren't the ones for popular indie singers. Those only have fans pushing towards the barrier relentlessly.

The best ones are the rock concerts, any concert where you find mosh pits, circle pits, or even walls of death. They allow for the crowd to become this fluid motion. You can feel the main pit open and close next to you, but a smaller pit can open up on the opposite side.

That break in the crowd gets sweaty bodies off of you and you can finally feel a breeze. It's like getting a sip of water during a workout.

I don't hate stadium concerts, but I don't understand them. Why spend so much money on an assigned seat? Why not fight your way through a crowd? Why not get a spot close enough that you don't need to zoom in on videos?

I'll never tell someone not to go to a stadium, I just don't understand it.