My life is not because of you.
Identities

No One Is Gay Because Of You

You take way too much credit for other people's lives.

210
No One Is Gay Because Of You

I wasn't going to write this, but for the third time today I have seen people say that women turn gay because someone else hurt them, and then laughed because they got in fights with the same sex, or cheated on. One post was made about me. *Kanye shrug*

So I decided this was necessary because unlike popular opinions people do not "turn gay" because of the opposite sex. People are gay because that's who they are attracted to, and more than likely always have been. Sexuality is not black and white, it's fluid. Some people are attracted to personalities, some to other's passions and some to no one at all.

And like other relationships, there are problems, jealousy, and abuse in same-sex relationships. It seems more men are butt hurt if their ex turns to women after them. Like it's a blow to their manhood. IT'S NOT! It has absolutely nothing to do with you, stop getting in your feelings and telling lies. It's childish.

I have personally had this happen, but unknown to this man. I have been attracted to women since I was 16 years old, maybe before then. I tried coming out at 17 and was stopped by my younger brother. I was told it would break my mother's heart. That my friends wouldn't like me anymore. That I would be alone. So, I did like many others in my community have done. I played straight for years.

I got married, I had kids. I slept with man after man because I figured perhaps the more I did it, maybe I would start to enjoy it. What happened was I found myself miserable and constantly fighting for someone's attention that I never really wanted. Especially when they did me wrong. Why was I being miserable for someone who didn't really love me?

So, people, you should get over yourselves. If we come out after you, it's because we finally have the sense and strength to say, 'Who cares who doesn't like me?' If you cannot be friends with me because of my sexuality, then I don't care to be friends with you. It's about us coming out, it's not about shaming you. Why turn a beautiful moment into something so ugly?

I am partially out, and after this article, I am sure some will have questions but remember this. My life is my business. I don't discriminate you based on your decisions. Who cares that I dated a girl and got cheated on? She wasn't the one for me either, matter fact I left her like I left others before her who wasn't for me.

No one makes me do anything, my life is based on myself and what makes me happy. Right now, what makes me happy is pursuing my career, starting a brand, and taking care of my children. If love comes later, so be it, but right now, I am just trying to be me.

Until then, stop worrying about my life and keep my name out your mouth.