7 Things I Learned My Freshman Year Of College

The limit of eating drunk food each weekend does not exist.

17
SecondCity

Freshmen year has officially come to a close, and I still feel like I'm 12 years old. Not being the youngest on campus is going to be pretty dope, but that just means I'm that much closer to senior year which I want to avoid at an all time high. Hopefully, this summer will fly by and I'll be back at college with my favorite people and having the time of our lives. Freshmen year makes you realize a lot of things that you would never think about. Let's be real, a year ago none of us imagined our lives to be like what they are currently. Here are just a few of the many things I have learned from this wild year.

1. You don't need to be friends with people if you don't like them.

This isn't high school anymore where you have to stick with the same friend group. If you aren't about someone, you don't have to stay super close with them. There are thousands of people on campus- I'm sure you won't see them that often.

2. Your roommate will know you better than anyone, even your mom.

If you and your roommate are best friends, you guys will become the same person by the end of the year. I don't know how I am going to survive this summer without my roommate. Already slightly depressed thinking about it.

3. You might not stay close with people from home, and that's okay.

I'm not saying don't talk to people from home, not at all. However, in reality, you'll get closer and see that there are so many people in the world that you don't know and your lives are going to get busy and crazy and it's just hard to stay in touch. The sad truth.

4. You're not as weird as you think.

I really thought I was as weird as it could get, boy was I wrong. The second you step on campus you realize everyone is weird as hell, you're really not alone. It's pretty great actually.

5. Health services won't help you at all.

Might as well buy antibiotics off the streets at this point. You'll probably be sick forever while at school and there is really nothing you can do about it.

6. You don't realize how much you eat while you're drunk.

You might think you didn't eat at all the night before, think again silly. You probably consumed more than you could even think of. Drunk eating is the source of everyone's problems and is almost impossible to avoid.

7. You won't wear half of the clothes you bring to college.

You 100% overpacked clothes in the beginning of the year. Now, you wear the same 4 shirts over and over again. You don't even wear your clothes most of the time because you're borrowing from everyone else. It happens.

Freshmen year is full of ups and downs and will make you love your school way more than you thought you would.