Freedom from Chains: How To Fight The Darkness

In our darkest moments, let us call upon freedom in His name and the breaking of chains that keep us enslaved.

220
Loving with Abandon - WordPress.com

Why is it that our minds so readily try taking control of us when a troubling thought begins? Negative thoughts, "what ifs," past mistakes, times we have been hurt, and many other thoughts of darkness somehow find their way in. I know some people struggle with this more than others, and I can openly say it has been a struggle of mine. When everything around us or in us feels so dark, it robs us of who we are and the power that is in us. I'm here to tell you that there is freedom.

In 1 Peter 4:12-13, he says, "Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when His glory is revealed." Basically, these struggles should not be a surprise. When these thoughts creep in, give it to God and rejoice! There is darkness in the world that does anything possible to enter into our hearts, minds, and lives. The awareness of this spiritual battle is vital. "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms" (Ephesians 6:12). However, the ultimate battle has already been won by the Lord. Let us offer up our battles for Him to win for us!

Claim the blood of Jesus as your victory. When we feel our minds taking over, let us take a step back and put it into perspective. It is so difficult to do in the moment when we want to give in to these unpleasant emotions and sulk in them. However, seeking Him in those moments fosters growth. It is painful in the moment, but you will see a difference when it happens the next time. Fight with the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. These thoughts are a waste of time, energy, and emotion. I know that from experience. They are hindering to who we are and to the Spirit alive in us. There is so much power in the Spirit and in Jesus' name. Call upon Him in times of trouble; there is freedom.

Let us no longer entertain darkness, but seek Light. No matter what you have done or what you have experienced, there is freedom in His name. Let His Love enter in the darkest moments. It will reign and be victorious! We are called to be simply in the world and not of the world; we are called to be foreigners here. Do something different. Be freed. Allow Him to break the chains that are fighting to keep you enslaved.