Frank Underwood's Tips for Freshmen

Frank Underwood's Tips for Freshmen

Good luck class of 2019.

47
Frank Underwood's Tips for Freshmen

Freshmen face numerous challenges upon arrival at Tulane. Students must make new friends, earn high grades, and adjust to the craziness that is New Orleans. All in all, many people are plagued by self-doubt and uncertainty, and struggle to find their place on campus.

The political animals of "House of Cards," a popular Netflix series featuring the ruthless Frank and Claire Underwood, can serve as a source of inspiration for incoming Tulane students. Whether it's forming strategic alliances or pushing a risky bill through Congress, the Underwoods are intelligent, resourceful, and above all, fearless. By adopting these qualities, first year students will be able to rise to the top of the Tulane ladder. Here are the most essential pieces of advice for freshmen, directly from Frank himself.

While some rules and laws cannot be ignored, it helps to keep an open mind. You never know what new experiences you will have by breaking boundaries and getting outside of your comfort zone.

Are you terrified at the thought of writing a 30-page research paper in only four days? If you break it down in to smaller pieces, the work is more manageable.

As you enter the social jungle of freshman year, be wary of who you befriend. Unnecessary drama and gossip can make your first year an unpleasant one.

Have you ever heard the expression, "Nothing good happens after 3 a.m.?" After a few months of college, you might come to the same conclusion. Follow Frank's lead and try to make choices when you're awake and well-rested, especially when it comes to academics.

Oh, the dreaded group project. As all college students (and politicians) know, it's important to communicate with your peers and keep focused on your goals.

Even though he doesn't like it more than you do, Frank Underwood sleeps at night. A solid night's rest will do wonders for your health and sanity this year. Naps are highly recommended.

Good luck, Tulane Class of 2019! The Underwoods are backing you.