Ford Is Moving All Small Car Production To Mexico

Bad trade deals are costing Americans their jobs.

68
YouTube

Ford CEO announced that within the next two to three years, all of their small car production will be moved from Detroit to Mexico. Ford also plans to invest in electric car technology, which will also take place in Mexico.

Detroit, an already poor and poverty-stricken area of our country, will have yet another piece of the industry it is known for taken away. Over the past few years, several American automobile brands have moved out of the country. Motor City is no more with Chevrolet manufacturing in Mexico and GM brands manufacturing in other countries around the world.

This decision to move south of the border came on the heels of the signing of the Trans-Pacific Partnership, or TPP. Because of Democratic policies and agreements, many brands, including Carrier and Nabisco, have chosen to manufacture elsewhere.

What Donald Trump warned us about is happening. Jobs are being taken away from Americans everyday. People who depend on their job with Ford to feed their families will no longer have that, just because it is cheaper to manufacture outside of the United States and bringing those products back to the US costs next to nothing. This is bad trade deals at work.

Bad trade deals and the policy making part of the government are costing Americans their livelihoods. Almost everything we use on a daily basis is made outside of this country, most commonly in China or Mexico. Everything is imported, and almost nothing is produced here.

If this is not evidence that we need a businessman in the Oval Office, I'm not sure what is. We need someone who understands the economics and how international trade works, someone who will make it more affordable to manufacture here and place tariffs on items being imported here both by foreign and especially American companies.