For The Love of Photography

For The Love of Photography

In which I share about how photography adds meaning to my life.

24
For The Love of Photography
Personal Photo

There’s something about polaroids that gives meaning to the one moment it frames. Maybe it’s the feeling of holding something thick and sturdy. Maybe it’s the dimension of the frame that perfects the photo taken. Maybe in its unique quality that nobody can take the same picture makes it personal and precious.

The reasons people take pictures are usually cliche. I think for me, the reasons I love photography have changed over the years. In the past, it has always been one of the ways I express myself. And recently, I think it has leveled up into a way to see different worlds. Yes, a lot of shots may have been highly edited and staged, but they are still really beautiful ones that are taken at their most natural state, and polaroids help achieve that. It is kind of like having a thousand pairs of eyes in the corners of this planet, photography helps me see the places on earth that I don’t get to live in. Yet I get to imagine what it’s like there. And it’s true that it’s not always beautiful, some parts of the world have poverty, hygiene, crime issues. It’s important to remember that. And it is equally important to remember that the world has its lovely moments too.

Aside from the importance to preserve a moment before it is lost through time or damaged through disaster, photography really brings people together. It gives the starting image that turns into a world of imaginations. It starts conversations, and it kicks off journeys. It shows the fictional, the reality, the good and the bad, andit lives amongst the people.

I have loved photography since I was ten. And a love that lasts for ten years is hopefully a good kind of love. I am thankful for my parents who have allowed me to continue taking pictures. I am also thankful for my friends who take their time to share personal (travel) photos with me. 📷

For the love of photography from the bottom of my heart, cheers! ❤️