Finish the Story: Woods

Finish the Story: Woods

Strolling through the woods and you realize you're lost...

679
Finish the Story: Woods
pexels.com

You have been enjoying a leisurely walk down a familiar wooded path for about an hour, when you suddenly realize that you no longer know where you are. Trusting that your current path will lead you back home—because it logically should—you turn around and head back towards that open field that you saw earlier. The one that had those beautiful orange and yellow flowers. You know that when you get back to that clearing you'll be able to find your way back.

You run once you see the clearing letting out a sigh of relief. You turn your head in search for the yellow and orange flowers. They aren't anywhere in sight. There are pink and red roses in this clearing. Where are you? You didn't notice this clearing before. Shit, you really are lost. What went wrong? You followed the path you took to get here! You turned left at the broken tree stump, right at the patch of wild mushrooms, and a left at the tiny apple tree. Or was it a right at the tree? Here let's just go back and make a right at the tree just in case.

There's the tree, now which way is right? Isn't that technically straight since you came from the left? Okay let's try straight. You're walking for about a mile and you're starting to lose hope (mostly because of how hungry you are getting.) Then you see a clearing! Oh my gosh a wide open clearing! You go as quick as you can! As you break through into the clearing you are welcomed by the beautiful yellow and orange flowers. Upon closer examination you realize they are lilies. You pick the brightest yellow flower and bring it up to your nose taking in the wonderful smell, letting it wrap around you as you tuck it gently behind your ear.

Making your way back home, not thinking of your hunger but rather the soft smell of lilies and you smile to yourself because you just realized, lilies are your favorite flower.