Fine Line by Harry Styles: A Review

Fine Line by Harry Styles: A Review

It had to be done

39
Fine Line by Harry Styles: A Review

It has taken me quite a while to thoroughly process the artistry that is this album. I went through quite a few stages upon listening to it; sadness, elation, melancholy, pride. This album is a little different than his debut. HS1 has a mixture of ballads accompanied by rock anthems with aggressive drum beats. Fine Line is more tender, more real. Listening to the songs makes it feel like you are reading his journal. It's personal. This album is the rise and fall of his relationship and it is conveyed in every lyric. So without further adieu, here is a song by song review of the album Fine Line by Harry Styles.

Golden

Golden is more of an upbeat song. It is a great opening to the album. It is quite catchy but when you truly listen to the lyrics- "I know that you're scared/ because I'm so open,"- you truly get what he is writing about this album is going to be about. Here it is, the rise of it all.

Watermelon Sugar

Just a straight up bop. Makes me want to dance around my room for hours on end. Would highly recommend.

Adore You

Let me just tell you that I absolutely ADORE this single. It is upbeat, poppy, and catchy. It has hints of 70s disco and it just feels all around groovy. The music video is so artistically appealing. Safe to say that I am obsessed with it.

Lights Up

This song is about accepting yourself, knowing and loving yourself no matter what. It makes me think that it is his revelation. He won't put a label on himself besides himself because he doesn't need to explain. He knows who he is. Ugh chills.

Cherry

This song. This song was where I knew that I was truly done for. Between the gentle melody and soft vocals and the voicemail at the end, this song is just beautiful. One of my absolute favorites.

Falling

A slow, moving, powerful ballad. It's very simplistic but for the better. His vocals are raw and raspy which truly conveys the emotion. This song breaks my heart but mends it at the same time.

To Be So Lonely

The lyrical artistry of this album. The first lyrics after the song Falling are "Don't blame me for falling/ I was just a little boy." He really thought of everything. This song is groovy and melancholy at the same time. Definitely one of my favorites.

She

I see red whenever I listen to this song. The sultry guitar solo and the low rasp of the vocals. I 100% am behind every lyric of this song.

Sunflower Vo. 6

This song makes me want to dance through a meadow. I don't even know how to describe it, it is just so lighthearted and fun. It has a 70s vibe that I'm obsessed with. Probably my favorite on the album.

Canyon Moon

I lied. This is absolutely my favorite song. I can't even describe it. Just go listen.

Treat People With Kindness

While I will say I was slightly disappointed with this track sonically, I will say that it has an amazing message so points for that! I think without the chorus it would be amazing.

Fine Line

I couldn't imagine this album. It starts off slow and somewhat sad. However, as the music continues, it swells and symbolizes acceptance, moving on, and eventuality. It's beautiful.

Please listen to this album. It is artistic and moving. Everyone needs to listen to it at least once. 10/10 overall.