So in the Broadway scene right now there's a ton of hype around new musicals like "Dear Evan Hanson" and "Hamilton." However, "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street" has always been a personal Broadway favorite. If you've never heard Sweeney Todd's story (If not, why are you here?), Sweeney, a London resident in the 1800's, is wrongfully sent to prison in Australia by Judge Turpin (who has the hots for Sweeney's wife). However, Sweeney escapes and sets out on a plot for revenge which involves slitting the throats of innocent people and baking them into meat-pies with the help of Ms. Lovett. Despite his lust for blood, Sweeney Todd's angry and vengeful personality is one I most relate to during finals week. So let's begin!
1. Looking around at how full just about every library is on campus.
Ah, the smell of stress among us all is so nice!!!
2. Procrastinating on studying until the week of exams.
I'm not a freshman anymore. I can pull this off, I promise.
3. Accepting that this year's finals might be a bit of a lost cause.
Oh well, who needs school anyways?
4. Suddenly, the thought of living in your parent's basement forever seems a bit more reasonable.
I mean their basement is nice, lowkey.
5. When someone tries to bug you while you're busy as heck during the week.
Hey, I've finally stopped procrastinating. Don't kill my vibe, please.
6. Finally going into your first exam.
Let the games begin!
7. Looking at the first question of your hardest exam.
What did I just get myself into? Is this education even worth it?
8. When the professor of your hardest class harped on how "easy" the final would be.
I feel played.
9. Hardcore bs-ing some of the answers on said exam.
Aye, I've got this... I think? Just...never mind.
10. The sense of exhaustion and defeat you feel coming out of your last final.
At least they're done, and I'm kind-of-sort-of alive.
11. Looking at the grade of the final you "thought " went well.
Is this some kind of joke? Please let it be.
12. But even if finals don't go well, why even dwell on it?
I'm sure next semester will go better anyways.
13. And mandatory celebration after hell — I mean finals week — is over!
Drinks on me, boys!
14. Going back home and hearing your high school friends talk about how "hard" their finals were.
Don't even get me started. Please stop.
15. You'll be damned if you even think about school over break.
Bye school. I wont miss you for about the next month.
Nonetheless, good luck on finals this year! And remember, once the week is over, nobody's stopping you from watching Sweeney on repeat for the next month. I'm just saying. Try not to go to insane this week though, you don't want to turn into Sweeney.