I Cannot Relate to Finals Week Stress, but it's Bittersweet

I Cannot Relate To Finals Stress, But It's Bittersweet

Is it weird that the stress of school and finals week used to make me feel in balance with the world?

499
https://www.instagram.com/p/BrR5XPVFK1H/

From the time I was young, school has always been my thing. Like, it was the one thing in the world I was more than just average at. I've never been a super fast runner, or great at any sport for that matter, and I've never been talented on anything cool. Ever. I am not exaggerating. I am the most talentless person you will ever meet.

But school? Homework? Learning?? That's my thing. Finals week really got me going. Yeah, it was awful. Stress crying, stress eating, stress take-a-five-hour-nap-instead-of-studying. At the time it sucked, don't get me wrong. Looking back on it, however, I miss it. Finals week gave me something to look forward to. It gave me the motivation to finish out the semester strong and with a good GPA (I usually maintained around a 3.8 or higher). Plus, college is fun even during finals week.

Believe it or not, you can find good times between the bad times. And, when it's all said and done, you'll look back on it like it was nothing but a thing of the past. It's during these rough times of constant anxiety that you have to keep your head up. Make like Dory, and just keep swimming. You'll get there, friend.

And now that I'm not in college, but instead working one full-time job and one part-time job, I have a different level of stress (nothing compared to college, though). Not having homework or due dates is nice, but it's not challenging enough for me. My brain likes to be stimulated with stress and challenges like homework and close due dates, but now I don't get any of that. I love my jobs, I do. I have a livable wage, good benefits, and I get to travel a bit. Not to mention the fact that having two jobs keeps me unquestionably busy, especially since one of them is more than allowed to go beyond the hours of a normal full-time position.

But I actually miss being a college student and stressing about end-of-the-semester homework and exams. I know that's super weird but it's true for me. Believe it or not, stress can be good for you. My mind belongs in class being constantly challenged, not doing routine work daily. Now that I've realized this, guess who's signing back up for college classes online next semester? That's right, it's me, yo girl. And I honestly cannot wait to be a student and feel the stress of finals week again.