Finals Week In College

Finals Week In College

Just when you think the semester is winding down and you start to relax, finals week arrives.

83
https://unsplash.com/photos/WWD93Icc30Y
Priscilla Du Preez

Finals week.

A time of stress and studying when all you want to do is go home. Since finals week is during the last week of the semester, most every college student is feeling pretty drained. After working hard all semester, the last week can feel like a month. So yes, finals week is a challenge for everyone but it is something that everyone can handle.

If you're in college and have made it to finals week, congratulations, you have almost completed a whole semester in college. That is definitely an accomplishment in its own and deserves to be celebrated. Since you have made it this far that means you can handle one final week before going home for the holidays. It is important to keep this in mind when heading into finals week. You have made it a whole semester of college, so one last week won't kill you. Also, it is important to remember that finals are just another assignment you have to do. Meaning, you should still study and invest a good amount of time working or preparing yourself for them, but at the end of the day it's just another test or paper. Granted it will most likely be worth a higher percentage of your final grade but you shouldn't focus on that. Just think of it as any other test or project and put forth the right amount of effort, do not over do it. Stressing yourself out about finals is counterproductive and will not get you very far. Instead of letting the stress take over, try channeling that energy into doing something productive. Study, read, review your course materials and notes, but just remember, it's just a test.

Finals week is stressful for every college student but it is important to be in control of the stress and not let the stress control you. Use your stressful energy to study, take notes or even go for a run. It is important to release any nervous energy and use it to your advantage. So yeah, finals suck and it can be hard to manage having tests, papers or projects in all of your classes during one week, but you can handle it. You have made it this far so you can make it another week.