Fifty Shades Darker Review

Fifty Shades Darker Review

21
Fifty Shades Darker Review
Coming Soon

The film adaption of the "Fifty Shades of Grey" sequel lived up to book lovers' expectations as it hit theaters this Valentine's Day weekend. As a reader of the series myself, I enjoyed the film overall and felt the film delivered on what the books had to offer.

The film started off with Christian's flashbacks which makes for an odd beginning, but eventually played out later.

Of course, the questions you've been wondering about have been answered -- such as, "Do Ana and Christian get back together?" and "Why can't Ana touch Christian?" Ana does in fact get back together with Christian, but with hesitancy, as "Fifty Shades of Grey" ended with Ana leaving Christian due to a "hard core session" in the "red room of pain."

As the two begin to rekindle their relationship, Ana's boss and Christian's ex interrupts the couple's plans at an easy relationship, but this makes for a more exciting movie. The film also features a masquerade ball which showcases the lavish lifestyle that the Grey family leads. The masks provided not only beauty, but also mystery during the charity ball. The film did deliver on its many sex scenes that the fans truly desired. Not only that, but some minor humor was thrown in to keep you entertained.

James Foley, the film's director, did well, as the cinematography in the movie was beautiful and the actors were well set up. The scenery shots of Portland and Washington were done well. The scenes flowed well and I felt everything lead to the next scene well. The soundtrack also played well to the film as they added to sex scenes and to the scenic views of Washington.

I felt the actors served all of the parts well (apart from Christian, which I will get into next). Dakota Johnson plays a wonderful Anastasia as she exudes confidence yet submissiveness around Christian.

Here's a problem I have with the franchise itself, though. For those fans out there, does Dornan deliver Christian Grey well enough for you? Of course, Jamie Dornan is very attractive, but does his demeanor scream Christian Grey? I've always had this issue with him, but in "Fifty Shades Darker" I felt he played him well. Christian's character needs a firm, but gentle grasp of the character in that Christian is supposed to be this hunk of a man, which he is, but his demeanor doesn't align with his look.

A good measure of whether the movie was great or not was if I go to my phone or not, and I never even glanced at my phone once. The two hours was just enough and didn't feel like an eternity.

For those "Fifty Shades" fans out there, you'll enjoy the film, and if you're not completely into the film you'll enjoy it as well if you're into a decent romantic movie. This movie might be better enjoyed in the comfort of your own home rather than a theater, but either way this sequel was definitely better than its predecessor.