A Few Words To Each Of The Contestants Of Big Brother 18

I weigh in on the contestants one-by-one, assessing the game this season.

43
MotherhoodInHollywood

** WARNING!! ** Contains spoilers from season 18 of Big Brother

Big Brother 18 ended this past Wednesday, and man was it one hell of a season! For those of you that don’t know, Big Brother is a reality TV show wherein 16 complete strangers enter a house that’s completely cut off from the outside world, and for several weeks they take part in games and competitions in order to try to win the $500,000 grand prize. The official rules and everything can be found at this link.

I’m a huge fan of this show, having watched it with my family for the past 10 years.Some seasons are better than others, but I must say that this one is one of the more interesting ones I’ve seen. There were a lot of twists and surprises and backstabs and all the things that Big Brother is famous for. It was amazing, and I have a lot to say about the contestants. They were all wonderful, and I want to thank all of them for giving us a great season! Below are all of the things I have to say to the contestants, in the order in which they were evicted.

Glen

I’m actually a huge fan of yours! Even though you were inside the house for a very short while, I was really rooting for you to pull through. You seem like an awesome, kind-hearted person, and I would’ve loved to see what you would bring to the game. I really hope to see more of you in the future! I’d even be open to seeing you return to the house again for a second chance!

Jozea

I must say, you did stir up a lot of controversy, not only in the house, but outside it as well. Some might say you didn’t play your cards very well, and even that you didn’t know how to play the game at all. Declaring yourself to be the ‘messiah of the newbies’ definitely wasn’t a smart move, but I don’t think you’re a bad person overall. If you get into Big Brother: Over The Top, you should definitely play the game smarter, sneakier, and more strategically.

Victor was then evicted, but he came back on the house, so I’ll write to him at the time he was evicted for good.

Bronte

Oh my goodness! I was SO upset to see you go this early. Admittedly, I wasn’t so fond of you at first, but eventually you grew on me. How quirky you are and your upbeat personality is what got me. You also would have made a wonderful addition to the house personality-wise, and from the time you were in the house, you really did. I don’t think I’d change a thing about you!

Tiffany

The apple doesn’t fall very far from the tree, I suppose; you are very much like your sister Vanessa. Not only in looks and in personality, but also in the way you played the game. I think our downfall was how emotional you were, and how early and easily you showed the other houseguests our true feelings. You need to keep those things under wraps when inside the Big Brother house, no matter how hard it might be. If you had done that, that might’ve gotten you far, maybe along with allying with Paulie, who is also the sibling of another contestant.

Frank

Your situation got pretty bad, especially toward the end. You didn’t really have anyone you were solidly allied, and your personality got way in the way of your gameplay. You shouldn’t have told people about the BB Roadkill wins, and once you figured out your social game was being thrown way off, you should have laid low, and pushed a bigger target than yourself. That being said, I do believe you are a really great person, and it’s unfortunate that you were the first returner evicted.

Da’Vonne

Congrats on making it to the jury house this time! When you got evicted in your previous season, you said that if you ever went back into the house, you would play the game the exact same way. You definitely stuck to that promise, and it was very great to watch. You were very outspoken and stuck to the same values that you did before, always calling people out on their crap. Perhaps it would have been better for you to play the game differently this season, but I appreciate you staying true to yourself.

Zakiyah

Boy, that double eviction really caught you off guard, didn’t it? I believe that the reason you got evicted wasn’t because you were the target, but through your association with Paulie, and them wanting to hit him where it hurt. You could’ve stayed in the house at least a little longer, had the ‘cancel out two votes’ Care Package gone to someone else. Either way, I don’t think you should regret associating yourself with Paulie. Some might say it was bad strategically, but it wasn’t bad at all in real-world logic, and that’s what matters more.

Bridgette

I’m actually super mad that you got evicted over Michelle. She deserved to go WAY more than you did, and it’s a shame that people got so paranoid that they decided to flip the house on you. It just wasn’t fair. Especially how all the houseguests basically bullied you during your time there; I think that that was one of the things I liked least about this season. You seem so genuine, and I’m glad that you even had the opportunity to make it into the house.

Paulie

I honestly feel bad for you. Your game blew up really fast, and you didn’t know how to handle it. Toward the end you became irrational and threw all gameplay and logic out the window. The Big Brother house will definitely do that to you, but it’s all about how you get past that. You should’ve played your heart out and not let your emotions get the best of you. You’re not a terrible person, as most people seem to think, you just should’ve done a lot of things differently.

Michelle

It’s weird to admit it, but you played a really good game. People had been campaigning hard to get you out for the past several weeks. The only reason this time did it was because of the final four alliance between Corey, Nicole, Paul, and Victor. You were the only option for them to fall back on, otherwise they would have kept you around as an extra vote. That wasn’t the case, though. You played the game way too emotionally, and also got emotional way too often. Those are two things that should not be done at all. Being stronger, kinder, and more strategic certainly would have helped you a lot.

Natalie

Starting a showmance with James was probably the smartest thing you did all season. That was the reason you got so far in the game, after all. You do indeed have actual feelings for him, and I admire that. But things would have gone a lot differently if the house had stuck to the plan to get rid of the returners. James probably would have been one of the ones to go, and then you would’ve been left helpless. Either way, I hope you and James work out, as you two seem to care very much about each other. I just wish that that didn’t affect the game as much as it did.

Victor

Evicted 3 times! Wow, that really breaks Big Brother history, if you think about it. After you fought your way back into the house a second time, I was rooting for you to win. Anyone working that hard in order to get back in the game deserved to win, in my eyes. You were honest and trustworthy, values that are few and far between in the Big Brother house. At least you made it very far. You played an amazing game, and that’s what I like about you so much. Keep it classy!

Corey

Judging from the first few episodes, I never would have guessed you would play the game as well as you did. But as Big Brother usually does, my expectations were absolutely shattered. You were the first one to even consider siding with the returners, which, of course, turned out to be a great move on your part. Your alliance/showmance with Nicole really helped you out in the long run. But even if you didn’t have Nicole, you would have done very well. You’re great at competitions, both physical and mental, and you know how to lay low, play your cards right, strategize, and make the right decisions. If you didn’t have Nicole then you could have made a solid final 3 with Paul and Victor. No matter how it was, I saw you at least making it to final 6 or so, and that’s what I love.

James

Once again, a case of a returner making it a lot farther than they did in their original seasons. It’s conflicting, because to me you played two totally different games. In your first season, you played more honestly, and it appears like you had a personality inside the house that was much more true to your personality outside the house--but that didn’t get you as far. In this season you played more conventionally, finding one person to stay true and loyal to and never letting them go, and also being less reluctant to lie and backstab. You very well might have one America’s Favorite Player, or even runner-up, but just the way things played out that made that not happen. You played well though, and you shouldn’t have any regrets.

Paul

the runner-up! Although you were technically were never evicted, you finished in second place, giving you the $50,000 prize instead. I was really rooting for you to win, though, especially after Victor was evicted for good. I’m not sure what you could have done differently in order to get one swing vote in the jury, or to be up against someone that the jury would rather not give the prize. Some speculate is was your outspoken and sometimes rude personality that made some of the houseguests dislike you, but I’m not sure if I agree with that. In my opinion, you played the best game of the entire season, working hard and playing your heart out. YOu knew what to do and you did it, and for that, along with many other things, I think you should’ve, and could’ve, pulled out the win.

Nicole

I’m not gonna lie; when I found out that you were the winner, I was upset. I raged at the TV, and for a while I was 110% done with Big Brother. I was so dead set on you not winning. I fully expected Paul’s name to be on that last key and him to walk out the door, excited and with balloons and confetti raining down and getting caught in his beard. Needless to say, it was the surprise of the summer to find out that the jury voted you the winner, 5-4. I think the reason that I hated it so much was because of how much you lied and cheated and played and backstabbed. Also how so many people saw right through it, but still somehow, some way, you pulled through. Now I’ve come to realize that I shouldn’t be mad about that. It’s Big Brother, that’s what you’re supposed to do. So I give you major props for being able to pull out the win, even through all the controversy you received since day one. Spend the money well!

Well, that’s all of them. All in all, it was a very good season, and I can’t wait for the next season to start. I hope some of the contestants get the chance to read this article!