Why you are actually a feminist

If You Believe In Equality, You Are A Feminist

When we as females say we are against feminism we are saying we don't want inequality to end.

100
https://www.pexels.com/photo/four-hands-doing-love-signs-1571146/

For years I have heard the voices of those who strongly oppose feminism for one reason or another. "I am against feminism because I am a (you fill in the blank)."

While I encourage others to have a voice and an opinion, I think many have missed the whole purpose of feminism altogether. The main misconception is that feminism means to raise up women while tearing down men. On the contrary, the feminism movement is simply about equality not about which gender is the superior sex.

In American culture, women are given a lot more opportunities for freedom than some other patriarchally dominated regions of the world. Girls and women are being sold into slavery every day. Even with that being said many women are still fighting for equality issues in America we can't ignore. Fighting to get equal pay for the same job a male is doing. Fighting against the injustice of sexual harassment in the workplace.

NPR produced a survey that indicated 81% of women have been sexually harassed in the workplace.

While our biology and anatomy may be different there is no excuse for treating men and women differently.

The problem is that inequality is sometimes subtle or even subconscious. Subconscious discrimination against those who don't seem fit to work a position or hold a title. There are things that men will never have to concern themselves with. If a man if walking home at night they don't cross to the other side of the street if they see a woman coming to their direction. Men commit the majority of violent crimes.

The Los Angeles Times writes, "In the United States, 98% of those who commit mass shootings are male; 98% of the officers who have shot and killed civilians are male; 90% of those who commit homicide by any means are male; and 80% of those arrested for all violent crimes — murder and non-negligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault — are male."

One group is responsible for America's culture of violence, and it isn't cops, black Americans, Muslims or rednecks. It's men

When we as females say we are against feminism, we are saying we don't want inequality to end. It is going to be females that make the change, so standing against the biggest movement fighting for women's equality is not going to get us anywhere.

Even though you still might not consider yourself a feminist maybe you know now that the movement is more about equality than the uprising of one gender.