I'm Only 21 Years Old, But Sometimes I Feel Like I'm Behind In Life

But the truth is, I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be.

1506

Society has always had this idea of how the future is supposed to go for everyone. Graduate high school, graduate college, get a job, get married, have kids. I always thought this was the best way to go about my life so I never complained. This is how I wanted my life to play out. Well, over the past few years, it's become more normal for people to not really follow this order of things.

I know people who had a baby before they finished high school. I know people who got married right after high school. I know people who never went to college. I know so many people who didn't follow this route to take that has been drilled into our heads since we were children.

Personally, I wanted to go to college. And that's where I am. I graduated from high school and I immediately went to college. I didn't get married and I didn't have a baby.

There's nothing wrong with the path and the order you chose to take on your life, but sometimes I look around and it makes me feel like I'm behind in my life. I feel like I should have more accomplished.

But I'm only 21, and I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be.

I'm in my last full year of college. I'll graduate with a bachelor's degree soon, so I'm not behind. I'm exactly where someone my age would be expected to be.

At my age, I shouldn't have every single detail figured out. That's not how it's supposed to be. I'm not supposed to have my own family and have a degree already. That's so unrealistic to just have everything for the rest of my life already set in stone. I'm still so young.

Like I said, it doesn't matter how we each choose to live our life. We don't have a pattern to follow. I'm a strong believer that all things happen for a reason. If I was supposed to be somewhere else, doing something else, then that's where I'd be.

But I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be, doing the things I am destined to do.