My Favorite Moments From High School Musical

As Disney Channel takes a look back through their 100 original movies, I take a look back at my favorite High School Musical moments.

152
Celebuzz.com

There are so many good Disney Channel Original Movies (or DCOMs for short) out there, but few compare to what, in my opinion, is one of the best movie trilogies out there, "High School Musical." As Disney Channel is celebrating its 100th DCOM this month, I decided to look back on my favorite DCOM moments. Naturally, they are mostly from the High School Musical series. For reasons revealed later in this list, they will allways hold a special place in my heart. To be clear, I'm including "High School Musical 3" in this list because, even though it's technically not a DCOM (It premiered in theaters), the "High School Musical" trilogy as a whole is regarded as being from Disney Channel. So, without further ado, here are some of my favorite High School Musical moments!

1. Troy and Gabriella Meet

From the moment the first movie started, we all knew these two were gonna get together. We just didn't know how magical it was going to be! These two made us laugh and cry like nothing else could, and it all started with this one song. It really was the "Start of Something New."

2. Everyone's Got a Secret Obsession

Sharpay can get ticked off pretty easily. When she does, it usually leads to some of the best moments in the series. This particular time is no exception when she gets mad at Troy and Gabriella for messing of the balance of everything. Because of this, everyone ends up confessing their deepest and darkest secrets to those around them in one of the best musical moments of the series! We find out that a basketball player can bake, a science whiz loves to pop and lock ("Is that even legal?"), and one of the "skater kids" can even play the cello!

3. He Doesn't Dance

While "High School Musical 2" was my least favorite of the three movies, it still spawned one of my favorite musical segments from the series. In this segment, Sharpay's brother, Ryan, is trying to convince Chad, Troy's best friend, to dance in a performance being put on at the resort they're all working at for the summer. Chad challenges Ryan to a game of baseball and singing ensues, resulting in one of the best songs of the movie.

4. The Senior Play

Emotions! This part of the best of the three movies was something I will always love! It was finally time for Troy's big choice. Would he choose basketball, which he had dreamed of doing all of his life, or theater, something he loved just as much? Well, he chose both! But that's not the important part. He chose both because it was a school "exactly 32.7 miles from" Gabriella, his girlfriend for going on three years!

5. Graduation

This particular song holds a special place in my heart. You see, at my high school, every class (Class of 2015, etc., not English class) has to both make a float and create a "cheer" for the Homecoming Pep Rally. (Homecoming for my school is in early February.) Back in late 2013 and early 2014, my class began scheming with making our 2015 performance "High School Musical"-themed. In the couple months before our basketball homecoming (Football wasn't yet established enough in my small school to have a football homecoming.), we practiced several times a week. For our performances (one for when the float was going around and another for our "cheer"), we chose the original "We're All in This Together" and this song, "High School Musical." For this particular song, my class, at the very end, took off some black jackets we'd been wearing and revealed our college t-shirts underneath.

There are so many good parts in "High School Musical" that it's hard to list them all here! If you know of some moments that I didn't list here, be sure to list them in the comments for others to enjoy! I know I will!

Oh, and, as a special bonus, here's another little gem I found.