Reasons Why Fall in New England Is The Best

5 Reasons Why I'll Miss Being In My Hometown For Fall

Fall in New England is hands down the best time of year. No questions asked.

29
https://pixabay.com/en/autumn-boots-daylight-denim-jeans-1867220/

Although I love being in a city for college it certainly doesn't go through the same seasonal change that occurs back home.

1. Watching the seasons change.

A sure way to tell in New England that summer is over and fall is officially here is by watching the leaves change from a vibrant green to shades of oranges, reds, and yellows. Being in the city with very limited access to trees not seeing the leaves change leaves me feeling seasonally confused.

2. Apple picking!

When apple picking season is in full swing there is nothing better than getting bundled up and bringing home a pound of fresh apples to make apple pie, apple crumble, apple EVERYTHING.

3. Similarly to apples, apple cider and apple cider donuts will be missed. 

Being in Connecticut there was nothing better than going to a nearby farm and stocking up on the best fall snacks aka apple cider and apple cider donuts. Hands down, the best type of apple product.

4. Fresh, crisp, autumn air. 

Is it possible to miss a certain type of air? I think so. Whenever I'm waiting to cross the street and get a whiff of the subway smell or walking by a pile of garbage waiting to be picked up it makes me miss the fresh, oxygenated fall air of New England just a little.

5. Beautiful fall car rides/hikes.

Last but not least fall foliage car rides are always the best. Driving through the state to look at the beautiful sights of fall or hiking through the woods and experiencing this season right before your eyes is nothing short of amazing.