10 Things Every College Student Is Totally Ready For Over Break

It's been a long time coming, but Thanksgiving break is finally here!

75

After consecutive weeks of school, band, repeat, this week-long break is much needed. The thought and idea knowing I can do physically and mentally nothing for nine days have never been more appealing than now. Now don't get me wrong. I love College, all the friends I've made, and all of the new experiences I've been experiencing, but I cannot wait to go home. All of these things have been teasing me in the bath of my mind since I got here, and now I'm fully ready to indulge in all of them.

1. BATHS!

Not saying that I don't love dormitory showers, but the bath bombs I have at home are looking more and more appealing as the days go by. Having a personal shower, not having to wear flip-flops, and a constant water temperature is highly appealing at this point of the semester.

2. Family time.

Growing up with my sisters right next door to me, it made us all so extremely close. The on-call cuddle buddy, fashion critic, and hair stylist was a norm for me that was shockingly different once college came around. While Facetiming them does give me a dose of what I'm missing out on, it's still not the same as being able to tease them in person.

3. Time to Netflix Binge!

Personally, I have been swamped with work since the semester started. With feeling as though I never have enough time, and the struggle to balance things I have gotten so behind on all the latest shows. I have full intent the next week to stay up all night to catch up on the newest Netflix Original series being released.

4. Devouring home cooked food!

As someone who was used to cooking constantly, coming to college was a huge shift. Having everyone prepare my food, with little control to the choices is something I am not too fond of. I have been planning a list of food I want to cook, or have my dad cook for me. Thanksgiving dinner has never sounded more appetizing than right now.

5. Quality doggy cuddle time. 

My dog is my best friend. I know many people say that in passing, but my Golden is literally my heart and soul. I have called my sister on Facetime a few times these past few months, to just talk to my dog. I cannot wait to just cuddle up to her, and watch a Christmas movie.

6. Organization time. 

With having nine days of downtime, I am going to have a lot of free time. I fully intend to use a portion of that to organize what I need to finish out the last three weeks of the semester, clean my bedroom for when I come home, and try to figure out what I need to do to succeed in life ( aiming big I know).

7. Seeing high school friends. 

At my college, there are only 5 or so people from my high school that I've spoken too. With my best friends being scattered across Pennsylvania, nothing is more exciting than all of us home at the same time. Figuring out how to have two different Friendsgivings, sleepovers, and see everyone I care about is a feat, but it will somehow be overcome.

8. Alone time

One thing I've noticed about college is you're never truly alone. Whether it is hanging out with friends, or just sitting with someone in silence it's very rare to find to find yourself alone. I love all of my friends, but being by myself is one thing I never thought I'd really miss.

9. Beep, Beep, here I come!

My senior year of high school my car was practically used as a taxi. From driving my siblings to school, friends over to my house, to the mall, and just doing errands, I was tired of driving. I was so excited to go to college primarily for the fact I didn't have to drive anyone. Walking is a great way of transportation, as it gives me time to work off that Chik-Fil-A, but man I miss not having to walk EVERYWHERE.

10. The excitement of seeing my friends again.

I know that I've only known these friends for a few months, but they are already some of my best friends. Not waking up with my best friend in the bed right next to me is going to be a weird feeling. While I do have all these fun things planned out I am already excited to come back, and tell them all about it.