'Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil And Vile' Did Not Deliver
Film

'Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil And Vile' Did Not Deliver To Its Full Potential

The Netflix original wasn't all it was cut out to be.

28

I watched the movie the day it was released on Netflix, I had been looking forward to the movie since it was announced, however, I was pretty underwhelmed from watching it.

It brought life to Elizabeth Kloepfer, and how she was affected by the love of her life being a serial killer. What was missing, however, was his trigger, what caused Ted Bundy to snap? Usually, serial killers who have a pattern in their victims had someone who followed the victim profile traumatize them or hurt them, but that wasn't addressed in the movie.

Another thing that wasn't addressed is timelines and what was happening to these women. There were a few mentioned during the trial and what he had done to them, but I would've liked the movie to spend more time on the victims and what Ted had done to them.

I do appreciate how it explained how his library escape was possible and how long he had spent trying to make sure everything went just right, that his jump wasn't too loud, that he found the perfect time to go, the only thing Bundy didn't plan, was what he was going to do once he escaped. The movie probably should've shown a little more about what Bundy was doing while he was free, were there more murders, how was he caught again, etc.

Lilly Collins and Zac Efron's acting was amazing. It was nice to see Zac Efron in such a serious role but just a little terrifying to see how well he played the part. Lilly Collins also did an amazing job as Elizabeth and really seemed to channel her character, it was interesting to see the inner turmoil that was occurring during the trial in Elizabeth's life.

As far as the focus of the movie goes, they did a fantastic job at telling Elizabeth's story, I didn't think this movie would bring me any new information that I didn't already know about Ted Bundy, but I didn't know about Elizabeth or Carole Boone.

Unfortunately, the movie painted their relationship as loving, but according to Elizabeth's memoir, Ted was verbally abusive, and he actually did have the urge to kill her once and almost did. The movie does address that he did want to kill her at times, but we'll never get to understand why he didn't follow through.

The best part about this movie was by far the ending, it left me with goosebumps when he finally confessed that he murdered all those women and when their names actually were put at the end of the movie.

This movie has negatives and positives, however, the perspective Netflix gives us through the film makes it worth the watch. They unfortunately only have so much time to walk us through Ted Bundy's crimes and the aftermath. If you are extremely curious about Ted Bundy, I recommend doing your own research, but if you want to know about his trial and love life I definitely recommend this movie.