I've Realized One Important Truth - Mom Was Right All Along

It's now come full circle.

2910
Photo by Artem Maltsev on Unsplash

One thing a teenager never will admit is that they are cold.

Of course, their mom told them to bring a jacket and they didn't.

I'm sure once in your life you have been told to appreciate what you have. Most likely, you heard it from your parents as they denied you getting another pair of expensive jean shorts. As you get older and start using your own money, you'll understand the concept of outfit making. The truth is you really only need one pair of shorts and three tops to match them.

Boom! Money saved.

With most stores today, you are actually paying more for less clothing. If your mom hasn't made you change your outfit to go out at once, then you are either dressing like a nun or she isn't in the loop at all.

The truth is that we need these outfit-stopping-at-the-door or sleeping-through-alarm wake up calls in our life. These aren't things you can learn on your own though. As much as we all wish we could, it's just not realistic. You need someone to show you what shoes look "ridonculous" with your dress and someone who will actually use this crazy vocabulary on you.

There are more things that we can learn from our moms that I'm willing to admit.

I heard someone use the phrase "For every eye roll you get, you are doing something right." If anyone gets dealt the eye roll card, it's moms. I would say the majority of dads today are pretty good at securing the fun card in the family. This gives them a free ticket to being a good cop and saving the day.

In reality, you need both ends of the spectrum. You need someone to tell you to drink water when you won't admit to not having a single glass. You need someone to show you how to use a calendar so that you can stay organized. You need someone to tell you that if you wash your nice white clothes with your dirty jeans and sweatshirts, you will not come out with nice white clothes.

Most importantly, you need someone who will leave you notes in your lunch boxes and know what every look on your face means.

The one thing you can't deny: nobody will do that better than a mom.

Most adults say that when they turned 23, they admitted to it. They came full circle and truly appreciated everything that their mom had done for them. I don't know if I can say the same for the future generations, but I hope it's for the best because being a mom is more than a full-time job. They work and take care of you all year round and they get one day and a last minute card made celebrating them.

If you truly looked in between the lines, you might find that there's so much that you can learn from your mom.

Just saying.

Take it from someone who couldn't admit they were cold and now remembers to always have a jacket.