Moving on in life is difficult to do

Coming To Life's Terms, The Past Is The Past

Every day's a new day. Make it count.

146

It happens every day: the sun rises, the day goes by, the sun sets, and today becomes the past. However, no matter how good or bad your day was, it is now a distant memory and you get ready for a new day. In order to live a healthy life, you must leave out all the bad things that happened to you previously and focus on what the new day has in store for you. That's why they refer to today as the present.

I'm just going to say this too: even the traumatic events that happened in life you need to set aside as well. Are you going to let those bad relationships you had control your life? While solutions are not always so simple in most cases, setting aside any negative aspect of your life will help out in the long run.

As a matter of fact, keeping in touch with your emotions makes you a better person. Being true to yourself makes you more confident about yourself and more authentic as a person. Burying your feelings and emotions make us act like a different person. We withdraw from family and friends and at other times, we can act inappropriately towards others.

Those are the results of our emotions taking us over and steering us in a different direction of where we want to go. In contrast, when we accept things for what they are and keep in touch with how we feel, we are able to have a better and more positive outlook on life. You are more willing to try new things and express how you're feeling.

This is where people can show how angry, sad, or fearful they are. They're feeling negative feelings but because they are confident in themselves, they are able to live on life's terms and go forward with life. Not wanting to feel anything holds you back from speaking the truth and being able to accept moving on.

Moving on is not easy to do, but it's something that everyone must eventually do. Good or bad, life is a forward progress and enjoying the moments you live in become distant memories one day. Most of us are far better at talking about what we don't like than about what we enjoy or what touches us deeply. Take the time to tell someone who has made your life a little better that they have done so, and you will also feel better for having said it. You won't regret following the prompts in this article, but you will regret hanging on to the past.