The Holiday Season Brings Everyone Joy, You Can't Even Try To Argue It

There is a certain magic in the air.

89

What is it exactly about Christmas and the holiday that gets everyone full of joy and happiness? Why am I so excited to break out the Christmas decorations, to drink peppermint mochas, spend time with family, and to snuggle up to Christmas movies? As a Christian, I know and remember the true meaning of Christmas. However, I can't help but see shiny tinsel and get a twinkle in my eye with the thought of the holiday season. Does everyone get excited about the feeling of giving? Is that what fuels the fire for me to go out and shop for decorations and presents, because I know I will make a loved one smile?

Either way, I am too hyped up for the holiday season. Give me the more red and green, and bring on the lights. When it comes to the holidays, I want it all. I encourage the decorations, the Christmas lights, the cooking, and the extravagant costumes and attire. I love it.

Even if the sight of Christmas decor in stores makes you uneasy and nauseous...here me out. There is something for everyone to be joyful about this holiday season. For some, it is the birth of Jesus Christ. For some, it is the gift of giving, and the feeling of knowing you warmed someone's heart this Christmas. For some, it is being with family and spending time reconnecting. For some, it is simply finishing a semester of school and not having homework for the next couple weeks. Whatever reason you can find this year, embrace it. Each holiday is something to celebrate.

This time of year is exciting for everyone in a variety of ways. Maybe that is why this season is so special. To each neighbor and friend, Christmas and the holiday season may mean different to them. However, it is a way to bring us all together- no matter the holiday you choose to celebrate. Either way, we are all celebrating something, and celebrations bring joy and happiness to those around you.

Embrace the holidays. You don't need to get as excited as I do (haha), but find a way to bring joy and feel joy this year. The time will eventually pass, and you don't want to be a Scrooge about it, because nobody likes a Scrooge.

No matter the age, believe in the holiday magic. It is floating in the air and it is time to breathe it in. Break out the decor and embrace what it is these next months bring to you and your family. Don't try to argue it or to push the holiday farther and farther back, because Santa is coming- and he doesn't change his routes.

Next time you try to think about the holiday season, you will realize there is joy to be found. It can't be argued, and it must be embraced. Think more "Ho Ho Ho" and less "No No No" this year.