The End Of The Year Struggle Every College Student Faces

You want to be done but you don't want to leave.

64

By the end of April or beginning of May, every college student has completely shut down. We are dragging ourselves to classes, fighting to pull grades up, and pulling all-nighters to study for finals. By this time in the semester, we are completely exhausted and worn out and it's hard to just get through the day. The bags under our eyes are bigger than the ones on our backs, coffee is the only thing pumping through our veins, and our brains are mush. We want nothing more than the next couple weeks to just fly by and be over already. We want all of our finals behind us and to actually get some sleep. We want the end of finals, but we don't want the end of the semester.

The end of the semester means packing up and moving home and leaving behind all of the friends you have grown unbelievably close to. At college, you meet and bond with people all over the state and even the country, so chances are you won't see them again till move-in day. Leaving friends is hard as it is, but in college, it is a different type of heartache. It is hard to go from seeing someone every day and living minutes or seconds away from each other to not being able to see each other for four months. College friends empathize with you on a different level, and you become so close because you basically live together. You can learn everything about each other so quickly.

Saying goodbye to your roommate is just as hard. You have lived with someone for the past nine months and have formed a routine with that person. It is weird to go home without them for just a weekend. You are connected to all of your college friends in a way that can't really be explained, but you just need to be close and with each other.

So yes, the finals weeks of the semester are the hardest out of all of them because we are constantly in an internal battle. We want the finals and stress and exhaustion to be over, but for all of those things to be over and gone we have to say goodbye to our friends.