14 Love Songs To Blast When You Feel Like A Lonely Sack Of Trash

Who doesn't love crying in their car Glee-style every once in a while?

134
Pablo Heimplatz

We all feel down sometimes, and music does a great job of providing us with moments to let it all out. Here are some of my favorite tracks to unload to on a bad day.

1. "Only Us" - Laura Dreyfuss & Ben Platt (Dear Evan Hansen)

This song keeps up with the rest of the Dear Evan Hansen soundtrack in that the songs are painfully relatable. Insecurity is a universal feeling, and finding someone who accepts your insecurities is a beautiful thing.

2. "Make You Feel My Love" - Adele

I know this song was originally performed by Bob Dylan, but Adele's version is so hauntingly beautiful. It's literally not possible for my eyes to stay dry when I listen to it.

3. "Last Night On Earth" - Green Day

This is not only one of my favorite Green Day songs, but one of my favorite love songs of all time. The title is pretty self-explanatory, and it is, again, another song I can't listen to without crying.

4. "Speechless" - Dan + Shay

Everything about this song (and album, in all honesty) makes me sob with cynical loneliness. At the same time, I'm a hopeless romantic and the music video is quite possibly the most adorable thing I have ever seen.

5. "SUMMER" - BROCKHAMPTON

This song is so simple but so meaningful. BROCKHAMPTON isn't typically known for their songs like this, but this one is incredible.

6. "Enchanted" - Taylor Swift

Almost all of Taylor Swift's discography would be a good fit for this playlist, in all honesty. In this song, Swift explains how she is (wait for it) enchanted after meeting someone who swept her away.

7. "Tennessee Whiskey" - Chris Stapleton

This, like many other songs on this playlist, is a song that makes me want to dance around my house with my (nonexistent) significant other. Also, Chris Stapleton's voice is breathtakingly soulful, so that makes him worthy of this playlist.

8. "Without Love" - Hairspray

While this song isn't simply talking about romantic love, it's still a pretty sappy song. The song itself is pretty important in that its message is that everyone is worthy of love, regardless of race, size, or upbringing.

9. "Die A Happy Man" - Thomas Rhett

This one also fits into the "dance around the house with your significant other" category and this playlist would be incomplete without it.

10. "Rewrite the Stars" - Zendaya & Zac Efron (The Greatest Showman)

Like "Without Love," the message of this song is that love transcends skin color. The two characters understand the challenges of being together but are willing to push through them.

11. "Thinking 'Bout You" - Dua Lipa

This song speaks for itself, honestly. We've all experienced this once or twice in our lifetimes.

12. "Faithfully" - Journey

Everything about this song makes me want to sit in my car and cry. The lyrics are incredibly cheesy but who wouldn't want a song dedicated to them?

13. "Fallingforyou" - The 1975

Everything about this song takes me back to high school and my days of unrequited feelings.

14. "I Will Follow You Into The Dark" - Death Cab for Cutie

This song is one of my favorite songs of all time for more reasons than one. The simplicity of the song allows the lyrics to stand out - and for good reason. The singer will stay with his love until the very end.