Eminem's 'Darkness' Is The Gun Control Anthem This Generation Needs
Currently

Eminem's 'Darkness' Is The Gun Control Anthem This Generation Has Been Waiting For

Shady's back, back again. And this time, with an agenda we should all get behind.

73

OK, it might be too much to assume that Eminem's pop culture influence could be gun control activists' saving grace, but it's still a huge step in the right direction. Artists can write and produce a million songs that mention gun control, but Eminem's newest creation can help wake up this generation, the newest generation that can vote.

(By the way, are you registered to vote? This election's pretty important if you didn't already know.)

Eminem's new music video for his song "Darkness" hits home for a large number of his fans by recreating the 2017 Las Vegas mass shooting. This tragedy left 58 innocent people dead and is known as the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history. I'd love to see the NRA and other organizations try to get around that one and each shooting that has taken place since then. This symbolism alone SHOULD be enough to get people to see what is happening and to make change happen.

Unfortunately, we live in a country that values inanimate objects over children.

Children who are helpless and rely on their parents to protect them.

Eminem then takes it a step further and ends the video with footage from news broadcasts reporting on recent mass shootings and a call to action.

He urges us to get out and vote.

He's urging us to spread the message.

Youtube

Again, this should be enough. This is what outrages you, me, and so many others out there. This alone makes me want to scream from the rooftops that our lawmakers aren't doing enough and haven't been most likely for as long as some of us have been alive. It's time for a change. It's been time for a change.

Although Eminem's prior albums have been controversial (let's be honest, his brand is controversy), he's also brought awareness to issues like the Iraq war in 2004 and the arguments and debate that have since stemmed from President Trump's election and actions taken once in office.

All aside, get out and vote. Even if you don't know that much about politics or whatever the excuse may be. Just go and do it and get your friends and families to do it too. If you feel like your opinion doesn't matter, remember there were more mass shootings in 2019 than days in the year.