Just Be Nice, Man.
Politics

Just Be Nice, Man.

"And it is still true, no matter how old you are — when you go out into the world, it is best to hold hands and stick together.”

7
Just Be Nice, Man.

Election got you down?

I don't just mean the Donald Trump being the president of our nation part. I mean, that's huge and, in my humble opinion, unfortunate, but there are so many other things about this election that have got me down.

I have been avoiding social media over the past week due to how much hatred has been displayed.
No matter how adamantly people feel, it does not change that everyone is entitled to his or her opinions and nothing negative that is said will change those opinions. This election and all of these differences, in my opinion, have brought about an opportunity to rise up as a nation in an effort to build each other up in unity and instead, I'm afraid it's gotten to an almost barbaric point where people are resorting to name-calling and finger-pointing.

An informative post about why someone should have voted for one party or the other is fine and encouraged, but there is a fine line between being informative and being a bully.
Just be nice, man.

To close, I will leave you with this excerpt from one of my favorite books, "All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten."

“Think what a better world it would be if we all — the whole world —had cookies and milk about three o'clock every afternoon and then lay down with our blankies for a nap. Or if all governments had, as a basic policy, to always put things back where they found them and to clean up their own mess.
And it is still true, no matter how old you are — when you go out into the world, it is best to hold hands and stick together.”
― Robert Fulghum, All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten