Eight Shows Worth Catching Up On

Eight Shows Worth Catching Up On

To binge or not to binge? That is the question.

22
Eight Shows Worth Catching Up On

"Jane the Virgin"

Upcoming season’s air date: season 3 is set to air on Monday Oct. 17 at 9 p.m. on The CW.

I absolutely adore this show. Styled as a mock-telenovela, it has everything you could ever want: romance, comedy, suspense, heartbreak, family drama, a sassy narrator with a Spanish accent. The first two seasons were brilliantly written and so enthralling that they were practically made for binge-watching. Catch up while you still can.

"Mr. Robot"

Upcoming season’s air date: season 3 is set to air sometime in 2017 on USA

I haven’t been this impressed by a TV show since "Breaking Bad." It doesn’t matter if you don’t understand “techies,” everyone – even us mere mortals – must watch this show. The directing and cinematography is stunning. Rami Malek’s acting is some of the best I’ve ever seen. The plot twists will blindside you every time. And, an added bonus: there are numerous strong and intriguing female characters, which is hard to come by.

"New Girl"

Upcoming season’s air date: season 6 is currently airing on Tuesdays at 8:30 p.m. on Fox

I will admit that season 3 of this show became a little muddled. However, seasons 4 and 5 showed tremendous improvement. In fact, I think that season 5 (which was just added to Netflix) is the best yet. I can’t remember the last time a show genuinely made me laugh out loud – most definitely some of the best comedic television out right now.

"Scandal"

Upcoming season’s air date: season 6 is set to air sometime in 2017 on ABC

This show also seemed to drop off around season 4. I grew weary of watching Olivia with Fitz. Then Jake. Then Fitz. Then Jake. And so on. Season 5, however, completely revitalized the show. It forged fresh and interesting storylines in the dawn of a new election with new characters, reminding me why I fell in love with it in the first place. I, personally, cannot wait for what the next season has in store.

"Gilmore Girls"

Upcoming season’s air date: “Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life” is set to air on November 25 on Netflix

Forever one of my all-time favorites, make sure to watch (or brush up on) the original 7 seasons of this show before tuning in to the revival. There’s nothing quite like reliving Rory’s first kiss, Lorelai and Luke’s constant banter, Kirk’s iconic victory lap, and pretty much every single Friday night dinner. Reinsert yourself into the quirky town of Stars Hollow now in preparation for November.

"The Americans"

Upcoming season’s air date: season 5 is set to air in early 2017 on FX

Although infamously snubbed by the Emmy’s, viewers and critics agree that this show is juts as entertaining as it is emotional. Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys attempt to juggle their lives as Soviet spies disguised as suburban parents while living in the U.S. during the Cold War. Despite their high-stakes escapades and various disguises, the narrative is steeped in historical accuracy, making the whole show feel eerily realistic. It also doesn’t shy away from graphic scenes, adding to the overall intensity.

"House of Cards"

Upcoming season’s air date: season 5 is set to air in early 2017 on Netflix

Believe it or not, there really is a reason your friends and coworkers won’t stop talking about this show. Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright expertly portray the inner and outer workings of brutal politicians Frank and Claire Underwood as they fight to maintain power within the vicious underpinnings of Washington D.C. Paired with movie-esque cinematography and iconic scenes, it is, as everyone will continue to tell you, a must-watch.

"Making A Murderer"

Upcoming season’s air date: Season 2 is expected to air sometime in 2017 on Netflix

Whether or not you believe in Steven Avery’s innocence, this is perhaps one of the most compelling true-crime documentaries ever made. It does a fantastic job of highlighting the issues with America’s justice system while detailing the compelling story of once wrongfully convicted Steven Avery, who is tried for yet another crime that he says he didn’t commit.