Eight Books To Read Before They Become Films In 2014

14

If you're anything like me, you get completely invested in the music, books and films deemed most popular in today's society. 

When I say completely, I'm talking illegally downloaded the whole album, finished the entire book series in one week and attended the midnight premiere. However, if you were one of those people who had absolutely no clue about, "The Fault In Our Stars" until it began to clutter your newsfeed, let me help you get a jump start on the next big thing. Here is a list of eight books to read before they hit theaters later this year! 

1. "Mockingjay" by Suzanne CollinsThis is the third and final installment of "The Hunger Games" series. Katniss Everdeen leads a rebellion against the Capitol, waging a war that will determine the fate of Panem. As the finale of the beloved trilogy, it's sure to be the darkest, dramatic and most action-packed of the series.  

Stars: Jennifer Lawrence (X-Men: Days Of Future Past, American Hustle), Josh Hutcherson (Bridge to Terabithia, Journey To The Center Of The Earth) and Liam Hemsworth (The Last Song, Paranoia, A.K.A Thor's Younger Brother).

Release Date: November 21.

2."If I Stay" by Gayle Forman.When a terrible accident leaves her in fatal condition, Mia's life is instantly turned upside-down. During an out-of-body experience, she must choose between life and death. 

Star: Chloe Grace-Moretz (Hit Girl from Kick-Ass).

Release Date: August 22.

Trailer:    

3. "The Maze Runner" by James DashnerThomas wakes up in an oasis in the middle of a huge maze. He is surrounded by other boys his age, all of whom have no idea how they got there. The boys continuously try to find a way out of the maze but no one has ever escaped. Watch the trailer, below. It looks far more interesting than it sounds!

Stars: Dylan O'Brien (MTV's Teen Wolf; The Internship), Will Poulter (We're The Millers; The Chronicles Of Narnia).

Release Date: September 19.

Trailer:  

4. "The Giver" by Lois Lowry. In a Eutopian-like society without war, pain, suffering, and freedom, a young boy is chosen to learn about the pain and pleasure of the real, outside world. Discover the point of view of a life without love. It's the book we were forced to read in sixth grade and never paid any attention to – must have been good.

Stars: New-comer, Brenton Thwaites (he's Australian ladies!), Alexander Skarsgard (True Blood), Katie Holmes (Dawson's Creek), Meryl Streep (needs no explanation), Jeff Bridges (I'm embarrassed for you if you don't know him), Taylor Swift (let's reminisce on her ridiculous and hilarious acting in Valentine's Day).

Release Date: August 15.

Trailer:

5. "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn.After his wife's disappearance becomes the center of media attention, a man is forced to endure the spotlight when his innocence comes into question.  

Stars: Ben Affleck (Daredevil; The Town; Argo), Rosamund Pike (Pride And Prejudice), and Neil Patrick-Harris (How I Met Your Mother).

Release Date: October 3.

Trailer:

6. "This Is Where I Leave You" by Jonathan Tropper. After their father passes away, four grown siblings are forced to come together for the first time in years and live under the same roof for a week. Throughout the week grudges resurface and secrets are revealed in this story about love and family. 

Stars: Rose Byrne (Bridesmaids; Neighbors),Jason Bateman (Horrible Bosses; The Change-Up; Identity Thief), and Tina Fey (SNL; Mean Girls; 30 Rock).

Release Date: September 12.

Trailer:

7. The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks.  Two high school sweethearts reunite after many years when they return to visit their hometown. It's Nicholas Sparks, people! Previous book to film adaptations include The Notebook, Dear John, The Last Song, The Vow, and The Lucky One.

Stars: James Marsden (X-Men; 27 Dresses; Enchanted; Hairspray) and Michelle Monaghan (Eagle Eye; Mission Impossible III; Made Of Honor)

Release Date: October 17.

Trailer:

8. "Where Rainbows End" by Cecilia Ahern. Best friends Rosie and Alex are separated when Alex's family suddenly moves from Dublin to America. Their friendship helps them through the ups and downs of each other's lives. But can their friendship survive the distance?

Stars: Sam Claflin (Finnick Odair in The Hunger Games series) and Lily Collins (The Blind Side; The Mortal Instruments). It looks like a cute film despite holding in the laughs at Lily Collins' fake British accent.

Release Date: October 24.

Trailer: (film adaptation is  titled Love, Rosie).

Cover Photo courtesy of IMDB.com