The Early Bird Does In Fact Get More Worms

The medical community says humans are better off getting up at sunrise and going to sleep around sunset, but the most successful people have proven that getting an earlier start to the day really does work.

18
https://pixabay.com/photos/woman-girl-freedom-happy-sun-591576/

Waking up at any time in which I have to set an alarm has always been a struggle for me. Typically I find myself relying on the other people around me to help, but that plan fails when I'm living by myself. I've heard over and over that it is better to wake up early, and after just a little bit of research it is very very clear that there are benefits to rising with the sun.

The main perk of morning hours is that there is no one else and nothing else to bother you. It is quiet early in the morning and most people are still asleep, so you can get several hours of productivity in before anyone interrupts you. Some time to focus exclusively on yourself and what you want without any interruptions is so valuable, especially in a world where we prioritize every commitment except those we make to ourselves. Getting those hours back is an opportunity to pursue passion projects or learn new things, or simply to get a head start on you daily work.

It has also been proven that we are all more focused and alert in the early morning. Many successful people have revealed that they will complete their most important or challenging task first thing in the morning because it is when they can focus the most and when their mind is sharpest. After a day full of difficult decision making and having to deal with the flaws of the rest of the world it's unlikely that anyone will be at their best. Plus, with no one to interrupt you earlier in the morning, it is much less likely that something with come up and get in the way of you completing those important goals.

Some of the most successful entrepreneurs and individuals in other fields as well swear by their freakishly early alarm clocks. Many even wake up before 5:00am. When asked how they use this time exercise is a very popular answer. People who are running successful businesses rarely have a moment to spare, so they prioritize their health before anything can get in their way. I know I feel a burst of energy after I work out so I can only imagine the benefits of starting my day with that kind of positive and motivated feeling. Meditation is also a recommended morning activity. I actually do meditate in the morning and it completely clears my mind, centers me, and calms my anxiety before I start my day.

Waking up earlier can seem incredibly daunting and you're likely to abandon the idea the second you get out of bed. While it is important to go to bed earlier, relax before bed, avoid caffeine and alcohol, and even placing your alarm far away from your bed, it is most important to know why you want to wake up earlier. No matter what you want to accomplish in those earlier hours, plan it all beforehand. If you have purpose behind making a positive change in your life, visualize yourself on the other side and really understand how that success will make you feel, you are far more likely to actually accomplish change.